An ATV in WvW?

Wade.2597

I have an answer to the first half of my question, but not the second part which was how to get the effect on myself for the 15 minutes duration, now that I know it's a dune roller.

Googling for the how do I get it part, I'm not clear. A guild has to claim the camp, I see, but as for getting the "tactic" myself, I get no clear answer, but several different inferred ones. Do I have to be a member of the named guild, or "buy" a tactic and use the camp to enable it, or the guild has to be a fairly high level of development besides claiming the camp, and crafting the tactic, etc. I'll admit to not spending a lot of time on the google research, because someone will be one and will just answer sooner or later.

First a guild [any guild can claim], and then it will have a timer of a few minutes before you can put different levels of tactics in them. The dune roller is a tactic blueprint [i think labelled as charr car which you can get randomly from the skirmish chest by choosing "Improvement and Tactic Pack". Also when you do put them in [it's at the objectives icon near top middle, just click it and it will open a window], it takes an additional min or whatever to load it. Once loaded, you can pull the lever which has the tactic loaded, it will say something like "Dune roller". If it's still on cooldown, it will put a text in red on your chat box or screen to let you know. You can check the timer at the main objectives window which will be the icon on the top middle whenever you are in the vicinity of the said area [just left click it to open the window, you can also do this from the map window or mini map]

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:First a guild [any guild can claim], and then it will have a timer of a few minutes before you can put different levels of tactics in them. The dune roller is a tactic blueprint [i think labelled as charr car which you can get randomly from the skirmish chest by choosing "Improvement and Tactic Pack". Also when you do put them in [it's at the objectives icon near top middle, just click it and it will open a window], it takes an additional min or whatever to load it. Once loaded, you can pull the lever which has the tactic loaded, it will say something like "Dune roller". If it's still on cooldown, it will put a text in red on your chat box or screen to let you know. You can check the timer at the main objectives window which will be the icon on the top middle whenever you are in the vicinity of the said area [just left click it to open the window, you can also do this from the map window or mini map]

You can also get tactics from scribing (guild hall crafting).

Dune roller:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dune_Roller

‘Aquisition’:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_upgrade#Tactics

Tactics acquired by:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Schematic:_Assault_Roller

And the schematics can be crafted by scribes in guild halls that have reached levels appropriate for scribing as well as by the skirmish chests:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Chest

By choosing the item in that skirmish chest called improvement and tactic pack (for a random chance at any tactic or improvement)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvement_and_Tactic_Pack

Hope that helps

I saw the item, thought it might be a mount I could earn while I was earning the Warclaw mount, and while doing it's AC's. Now that I know it's not a mount, I don't think I'll pursue it. I have all 6 now of the earnable mounts.

Thanks for the links. I'd read them already, and concluded that in practice, I'd need to be a member of a large guild that did WvW a lot in order for them have the tactic available on a claimed camp, then to have the strategy in hand from likely a random drop or be a scribe. I'm using the skirmish chests for another drop at the moment. Our server is not very WvW active and we're teamed with a more active WwW servers and the teammate changes regularly. I am not a scribe (I have all 8 crafters maxed, but not being in a large guild, cannot raise a scribe. I am a member of a small family guild since launch and unlikely to change. We got clobbered by the guild change, and don't want to start my rant on that at this time. I also don't usually spend any time in WvW other than do do the dailys that I can pair with the PVE selections to get a easy 10AC and a couple of gold. (I have 22K+ AC, so I've done a lot of mostly solo WvW, but only level 96 worth.

Again, thanks for the help.

@Wade.2597 said:I saw the item, thought it might be a mount I could earn while I was earning the Warclaw mount, and while doing it's AC's. Now that I know it's not a mount, I don't think I'll pursue it. I have all 6 now of the earnable mounts.

Thanks for the links. I'd read them already, and concluded that in practice, I'd need to be a member of a large guild that did WvW a lot in order for them have the tactic available on a claimed camp, then to have the strategy in hand from likely a random drop or be a scribe. I'm using the skirmish chests for another drop at the moment. Our server is not very WvW active and we're teamed with a more active WwW servers and the teammate changes regularly. I am not a scribe (I have all 8 crafters maxed, but not being in a large guild, cannot raise a scribe. I am a member of a small family guild since launch and unlikely to change. We got clobbered by the guild change, and don't want to start my rant on that at this time. I also don't usually spend any time in WvW other than do do the dailys that I can pair with the PVE selections to get a easy 10AC and a couple of gold. (I have 22K+ AC, so I've done a lot of mostly solo WvW, but only level 96 worth.

Again, thanks for the help.

there are 7 mounts now. not 6.

Wait! Counting above 3 is an adventure, isn't it? or is it a heart quest somewhere near Rata Sum? Either way I haven't done that one yet!

Lemmeesee...... Griffon and it's 4 prequels, roller beetle, Warclaw, see? 6!. I'll get to that counting thingy one of these days....

Archived