Sigil of Frenzy - 10 second cooldown?

Cerby.1069

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_FrenzyGain alacrity for 6 seconds upon killing an enemy. (Cooldown: 10 seconds)

Would like the devs to reconsider the change to 10 seconds cd.

Back when it was 1 second cooldown all I could think of how unfair this was for big zergs getting kills all the time.Upon thinking about it tho, I kinda support the idea of that. As a premise: Shouldn't we reward groups that defeat their enemies over and over in succession?It seems at the moment that alot of the time groups get bogged down no matter how well they are playing/doing. Bogged down due to......cooldowns on their important skills.

Being able to win fights successively and enter new fights with the same tools as your last fight....doesn't that sounds ideal? I mean what would you think if after each duel you had to fight with the damage you took from the previous duel...? That stacking drag effect you get from winning.....is that really good for the game?Let's remove the drag effect for the winners with little things like this sigil. At the expense of damage/tank/sustain you can get this sigil on 1-2 weapons and you can create a more consistent fighting force.

I think that's fair. And I think it should be celebrated.

So I request you rethink the 10 second cooldown.

For anyone not in the loop here. This sigil effectively takes away 2 seconds of cooldown from all skills with a cooldown greater than 6 seconds, upon kill.....and it does it once every 10 seconds assuming you can proc it. Its weapon specific too, so you can't put it on one and have to apply to the other (unlike on-kill sigils). Perhaps turning this into an 'on-kill' sigil would be a wise idea, no? Then at the expense of extra power/condi/whatever you'd get from bloodlust/cruelty/momentum/whatever you can get the effect of the sigil similar to how it was before the 10 second cd.

Sidenote:If necessary we can maybe expand on what exactly the alacrity applies to. I think the main intent is to lower the cooldown of high cd ultimates, right? Maybe the sigil could be specific to ultimates or something along those lines. Just a thought I'm not necessarily supporting atm.

@Cerby.1069 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:No. That would be hugely overpowered and broken. The duration would have to be hugely reduced and even then at its current state its still very strong.

hmmm how so? also i updated my posting, have anew look.

I kill 5 people.

I now have 30 seconds of Alacrity.

Alacrity is arguably the strongest buff in the entire game, and you're asking for a sigil to give you that buff (which can't be removed!) permanently.

You have to be more specific here.

You mean You kill 5 people over 50 seconds? One every 10 seconds? Then sure you get 30 seconds of alacrity during that 50 second interval.

Its important to consider the limitations of alacrity as well as the amount of time you are spending incombat at a time. It procs after the kill afterall. The time it really shines is during zerg fights where the fights last a longer period of time (maybe just over 20 seconds on average, so 2 procs are used).

@Cerby.1069 said:You have to be more specific here.

You mean You kill 5 people over 50 seconds? Then sure you get 30 seconds of alacrity during that 50 second interval.

Its important to consider the limitations of alacrity as well as the amount of time you are spending incombat at a time. It procs after the kill afterall. The time it really shines is during zerg fights where the fights last a longer period of time (maybe 20 seconds on average).

You literally suggested yourself shortening the cooldown to 1 second

How the sigil works now is fine. I was explaining why your suggestion was not.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

You mean You kill 5 people over 50 seconds? Then sure you get 30 seconds of alacrity during that 50 second interval.

Its important to consider the limitations of alacrity as well as the amount of time you are spending incombat at a time. It procs after the kill afterall. The time it really shines is during zerg fights where the fights last a longer period of time (maybe 20 seconds on average).

You literally suggested yourself shortening the cooldown to
1 second

Where did I LITERALLY SUGGEST anything of the sort? And how can I literally suggest something.....!??!?? I think you are LITERALLY stretching the truth here.

@Cerby.1069 said:

You literally suggested yourself shortening the cooldown to
1 second

Where did I LITERALLY SUGGEST anything of the sort? And how can I literally suggest something.....!??!?? I think you are LITERALLY stretching the truth here.

Shall I quote you?

@Cerby.1069 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_FrenzyGain alacrity for 6 seconds upon killing an enemy. (Cooldown: 10 seconds)

Would like the devs to reconsider the change to 10 seconds cd.

Back when it was 1 second cooldown all I could think of how unfair this was for big zergs getting kills all the time.Upon thinking about it tho, I kinda support the idea of that. As a premise: Shouldn't we reward groups that defeat their enemies over and over in succession?It seems at the moment that alot of the time groups get bogged down no matter how well they are playing/doing. Bogged down due to......cooldowns on their important skills.

Being able to win fights successively and enter new fights with the same tools as your last fight....doesn't that sounds ideal? I mean what would you think if after each duel you had to fight with the damage you took from the previous duel...? That stacking drag effect you get from winning.....is that really good for the game?Let's remove the drag effect for the winners with little things like this sigil. At the expense of damage/tank/sustain you can get this sigil on 1-2 weapons and you can create a more consistent fighting force.

I think that's fair. And I think it should be celebrated.

So I request you rethink the 10 second cooldown.

Saying that it was fine with a 1 second cooldown, asking the devs to "rethink the 10 second cooldown."

So, no, I am not stretching the truth at all. You are asking for it to go back to a 1 second cooldown.

I guess we are done talking then. My words should be taken literally. And they literally say no such thing. I'm sorry you misinterpreted the literal meaning of them. Do I really need to quote myself again? you already put the quotes there a second time

It's kay as is. Alacrity helps things recharge things faster. Things recharging faster increases spam. Increasing spam increases lag. Lag increases player's rage. Nah, it's kay now. Besides, I think Chornomancers can be 100% alacrity up-time when traited with this sigil atm (not that they had any issues before). I also don't care for the "removing drag effect" because you're essentially saying...let's celebrate the winners winning even more and harder. Down times let things breath. The "recharging" is there for a reason, I don't want to ruin what little balance there is left by introducing the super-snowball-sigil as you roughly described.

@Cerby.1069 said:I guess we are done talking then. My words should be taken literally. And they literally say no such thing. I'm sorry you misinterpreted the literal meaning of them. Do I really need to quote myself again? you already put the quotes there a second time

Please do.

1. Did you, or did you not say "Upon thinking about it tho, I kinda support the idea of that." in refrence to a 1 second cooldown?
  2. Did you, or did you not ask the devs to "rethink the 10 second cooldown?"

The answer to both of those is "you did."

So yes, you asked for the cooldown to go to 1 second. And as I pointed out, that would be broken beyond belief.

It's fine the way it is honestly. It feels good to have and doesn't feel OP at all.

Any bigger ICD would make it bad. Look at certain runes/sigils out there with long ICDs. No one ever uses them.And a smaller ICD would prolly make it kinda OP in wvw because you'd have close to 100% alacrity uptime which would be nuts...I do wonder how it'd work out with a 5 sec ICD and 3 sec alacrity though. Same 60% uptime. Shorter but more frequent.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:It's kay as is. Alacrity helps things recharge things faster. Things recharging faster increases spam. Increasing spam increases lag. Lag increases player's rage. Nah, it's kay now. Besides, I think Chornomancers can be 100% alacrity up-time when traited with this sigil atm (not that they had any issues before). I also don't care for the "removing drag effect" because you're essentially saying...let's celebrate the winners winning even more and harder. Down times let things breath. The "recharging" is there for a reason, I don't want to ruin what little balance there is left by introducing the super-snowball-sigil as you roughly described.

There are multiple other things preventing the winners from just steamrolling all the time. This isn't an open field GvG kinda situations, its wvsw. Plus there is noticable investment in order to keep its effects going. You are effectively using half your available sigil slots (whether you are 2 weapons or one weapon class) to invest in this. That's why I thought making it an on-kill type would be good since it overwrites any of the others that give anyone who uses them a sizeable advantage incombat. +250 of a stat is a big deal.

I'm also rather curious what kind of build and situations could get a chrono all the way to 100% alacr uptime in this game? u have to be very specific as to how it could get even close to 100%.

Why are you still going on about that? You misunderstood, its time to move on.. If you don't want to admit your error, fine, but stop trying to pretend you didn't make one.

@Cerby.1069 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:It's kay as is. Alacrity helps things recharge things faster. Things recharging faster increases spam. Increasing spam increases lag. Lag increases player's rage. Nah, it's kay now. Besides, I think Chornomancers can be 100% alacrity up-time when traited with this sigil atm (not that they had any issues before). I also don't care for the "removing drag effect" because you're essentially saying...
let's celebrate the winners winning even more and harder.
Down times let things breath.
The "recharging" is there for a reason, I don't want to ruin what little balance there is left by introducing the super-snowball-sigil as you roughly described.

There are multiple other things preventing the winners from just steamrolling all the time.

Keke, list them. Make sure they're relevant to sigils/runes though. D:

This isn't an open field GvG kinda situations, its wvsw.

You're right. So it's even less important that all abilities are 100% ready due to the progress made by the other side in the previous battle. How would you feel about a blob completely recovering when they smash into your Garri, wipe you, then you come back, wipe you, then you come back, wipe you, and all because they were 100% ready for every wipe due to major cooldowns being at the ready again (like spell breaker bubbles).

Plus there is noticable investment in order to keep its effects going. You are effectively using half your available sigil slots (whether you are 2 weapons or one weapon class) to invest in this.

That's why it's balanced. D: Making it stack on on kill and permanent would make it META and pointless to get the other on kill effects for W.E. class/build. Minus thieves who's weapon skills lack cooldown.

That's why I thought making it an on-kill type would be good since it overwrites any of the others that give anyone who uses them a sizeable advantage incombat. +250 of a stat is a big deal.

ATM. Because of the current sigil, the frontline uses superior energy and this sigil. 250 is less of a big deal for them. For necros Scourges may use a stacking weapon but not necessarily. :S Okay, so that leaves the now popular spellbreaker. They seem to be using on interrupt stuff for boon removal/+250 ferocity (and precision) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Interrupt#Related_equipment

Why do I only point out these three classes? These are the current ones that tend to engage in MASSIVE battles that WvW claimed to be about since PoF released. For roaming there is a lot more variance imo. But I wouldn't use Frenzy for roaming anyway (and that's actually fine, fuq if those condi builds get more spam).

I'm also rather curious what kind of build and situations could get a chrono all the way to 100% alacr uptime in this game? u have to be very specific as to how it could get even close to 100%.

Assuming ANET has their balance in order, then this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improved_Alacrity would give that sigil a 8ish second alacrity in addition to their normal application by shatters (and I guess wells) coming to roughly ~ 100% uptime on them selves. I suppose you could throw a rev in there too for more alacrity (not really great atm imo). That's assuming boon mesmers are still a thing who would normally be spamming stuff. That being said...so far it seems spellbreaker/scourage/firebrand for the bulk since the last I played.

Archived