Bot Classes

I saw some videos and evidence that the mirage was very likely being used as a pvp farming bot in ranked. The number of matches by these "players" seems improbable. Some were like playing thousands of games.

There were scourge bot videos too, from earlier in the release of the POF.Now, I have noticed some strange behavior among the scrappers. brainless movements and actions. For example, I was in stealth and fell down in front of an ally scrapper on the far node due to condi. I was just off the point and we had no enemies, but it just stood there as if I did not exist.

Anyone else notice anything?

Wouldn't doubt it. Bot trash people pick the easiest spam class that can take one a silver player or 2. Sadly botting has been allowed by anet just as wintrading has been allowed due to the fact that there are 0 Consequences. i remember when someone was caught cheating they would be striped to nothing then dance for a while before jumping to a death and permanent character deletion.

Doesn't happen anymore and cheating is 100% ok now.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Wouldn't doubt it. Bot trash people pick the easiest spam class that can take one a silver player or 2. Sadly botting has been allowed by anet just as wintrading has been allowed due to the fact that there are 0 Consequences. i remember when someone was caught cheating they would be striped to nothing then dance for a while before jumping to a death and permanent character deletion.

that video was glorious

Bot programmers will generally pick a class that can do well without having to pay serious attention to what your opponent is doing. Like with scourge, "Go to mid point, 12345 - Heal - F1-F2-F3-F4-12345 - Repeat". It's not always the best choice for a scourge to do this, but it is at least basically effective. Mesmer gets chosen for a similar reason. Mesmer can attack and defend at the same time, which means it can win some of its 1v1s by simply rotating defensive skills while spamming phantasms and getting carried by AI without really needing to bait any dodge or look out for any specific threat.

For instance, a D/P Thief bot would need at least 50 or so "If then do else" loops for evading certain tells and when to trigger headshot etc which is a whole lot more code than just "Go to point X and do skillrotation(1234512345);". So they choose classes that are less interactive as a way to cut corners.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Wouldn't doubt it. Bot trash people pick the easiest spam class that can take one a silver player or 2. Sadly botting has been allowed by anet just as wintrading has been allowed due to the fact that there are 0 Consequences. i remember when someone was caught cheating they would be striped to nothing then dance for a while before jumping to a death and permanent character deletion.

that video was glorious

Sause please?

@FyzE.3472 said:

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:Wouldn't doubt it. Bot trash people pick the easiest spam class that can take one a silver player or 2. Sadly botting has been allowed by anet just as wintrading has been allowed due to the fact that there are 0 Consequences. i remember when someone was caught cheating they would be striped to nothing then dance for a while before jumping to a death and permanent character deletion.

that video was glorious

Sause please?

45s into the video, Im on my phone and can't search for much more like the raw video

So I had run into a bot for two seasons, many others reported them in game over and with no results, including myself.So I made a post about a month ago calling said person out, you can't call out people by name to prevent harassment, and I took a warning which is understandable.

Having said that, they haven't returned to PvP or logged in as far as I know for quite some time.That's all I have to say about that.

Once a teammate(guardian) called me a bot and asked the other 8 players to report me as bot... Coz I didn't cleave down a Mesmer and engaged in a different target... The guard got downed and he couldn't rally coz enemy players revived the downed mesmer... Guard got p***ed and used map chat to ask everyone to report me... We won the match and it's an unranked PVP at that...

The point is.... Some people get blinded by their own anger and make wrong judgements... If anet decided to take their word for it, innocent players might get affected and encounter bad experience for no reason

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:Once a teammate(guardian) called me a bot and asked the other 8 players to report me as bot... Coz I didn't cleave down a Mesmer and engaged in a different target... The guard got downed and he couldn't rally coz enemy players revived the downed mesmer... Guard got p***ed and used map chat to ask everyone to report me... We won the match and it's an unranked PVP at that...

The point is.... Some people get blinded by their own anger and make wrong judgements... If anet decided to take their word for it, innocent players might get affected and encounter bad experience for no reason

I'm sure they don't take it at face value. If you got chat logs and reasonable play time in various game modes I wouldn't sweat what some random says when they're salty.

@Tycura.1982 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:Once a teammate(guardian) called me a bot and asked the other 8 players to report me as bot... Coz I didn't cleave down a Mesmer and engaged in a different target... The guard got downed and he couldn't rally coz enemy players revived the downed mesmer... Guard got p***ed and used map chat to ask everyone to report me... We won the match and it's an unranked PVP at that...

I'm sure they don't take it at face value. If you got chat logs and reasonable play time in various game modes I wouldn't sweat what some random says when they're salty.

Yea im still here after all the reports ive gotten about my DH stealth hacking even though I was using trapper runes.

Only time my account was banned was when I went on holiday and came back to a banned account, found out my account was hacked and was being used for bad things, Anet was super nice on this one and even rolled the account back to the exact day Id left for holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:Bot programmers will generally pick a class that can do well without having to pay serious attention to what your opponent is doing. Like with scourge, "Go to mid point, 12345 - Heal - F1-F2-F3-F4-12345 - Repeat". It's not always the best choice for a scourge to do this, but it is at least basically effective. Mesmer gets chosen for a similar reason. Mesmer can attack and defend at the same time, which means it can win some of its 1v1s by simply rotating defensive skills while spamming phantasms and getting carried by AI without really needing to bait any dodge or look out for any specific threat.

For instance, a D/P Thief bot would need at least 50 or so "If then do else" loops for evading certain tells and when to trigger headshot etc which is a whole lot more code than just "Go to point X and do skillrotation(1234512345);". So they choose classes that are less interactive as a way to cut corners.

hehehe, wont say much, but yeah....keep believing in that :+1:

I come from a land where the term "bot" just means an irresponsibly aggressive (braindead) player who feeds for the chance at high-value kills. It's difficult to port this bant into GW2 because the game itself is so a b s o l u t e l y low effort that real bots can actually function somewhat successfully in its PvP metagame. This makes me sad.

Archived