WvW Spellbreaker Build Guide + Gameplay tips

RisenHowl.2419

@hunkamania.7561 said:What the heck? This can't be serious.....

Since we have scrappers now, every fight isn't a pirate ship. That means you can effectively push in with the whole group and use axe 5 at will to greatly increase your damage contribution. sw3 and axe4 both have better damage than arcing slice and don't use adrenaline up to boot.

hammer f1, f2, f1, 4, 3, 2, swap, sw2, axe4, axe5, swap and repeat. sw3 or axe4 if you have a good opportunity =D

Nice video you raise some interesting points with the build walk-through. I also favor DotE, especially on Core Warrior.

I run dual Axe on my core Warrior, Axe4 (procs quickness), Axe2 (20% crit chance) and into Axe 5 with Sigil of Strength. Axe 2 hits 5 targets. I try to start with an Evis to proc Berskers Power if I can, then the axe combo really gets good with damage.

I dont Zerg much, but end up forced into it during defense of keeps where our commander always have way less bodies all the time. I will have to try this out, seem like something that can really stay up front which I find Core cant really do.

I like build guides like this, great explanations and to the point.

@RUSHCO Demon.5082 said:i might have to try this tbh

I'd love some feedback when you do =D

Might take a couple fights to get used to the rotation without gs, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

@sneakytails.5629 said:Nice video you raise some interesting points with the build walk-through. I also favor DotE, especially on Core Warrior.

I run dual Axe on my core Warrior, Axe4 (procs quickness), Axe2 (20% crit chance) and into Axe 5 with Sigil of Strength. Axe 2 hits 5 targets. I try to start with an Evis to proc Berskers Power if I can, then the axe combo really gets good with damage.

I dont Zerg much, but end up forced into it during defense of keeps where our commander always have way less bodies all the time. I will have to try this out, seem like something that can really stay up front which I find Core cant really do.

I like build guides like this, great explanations and to the point.

I'd love to go axe/axe, but you really need the leap on sw2 to stay mobile =/

Thank you for the feedback and happy hunting!

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

Hey Howl, I just wanted to comment because I also use to run Sword/Axe+GS and like you, I'd also use Axe5 inside of enemy blob with actives up. And I completely agree it significantly increases your damage contribution, however...

I no longer think this build is viable. Before, you had enough time to drop the bubble, and have some actives spare after casting bubble. Now that we need to channel the entire bubble, we can't even spike inside of our bubble, and we need to use more actives not to die whilst channeling.

Nowadays, I think it's best to go Hammer/GS and focus on boon strips and CC over damage and mobility - Spellbreaker's big damage days are over imo.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

Hey Howl, I just wanted to comment because I also use to run Sword/Axe+GS and like you, I'd also use Axe5 inside of enemy blob with actives up. And I completely agree it significantly increases your damage contribution, however...

I no longer think this build is viable. Before, you had enough time to drop the bubble, and have some actives spare after casting bubble. Now that we need to channel the entire bubble, we can't even spike inside of our bubble, and we need to use more actives not to die whilst channeling.

Nowadays, I think it's best to go Hammer/GS and focus on boon strips and CC over damage and mobility - Spellbreaker's big damage days are over imo.

Just gotta run with scrappers man!

Ham + gs offers the same amount of CC and boon rip as ham+ sw/axe, the only difference is the axe set has better burst while the gs set has an evade

So long as you have good healers you can camp in melee range. Or just use axe 5 to kill downed targets you separated off the blob with hammer while waiting on earthshaker's cd

Archived