E-Spec: Champion

VocalThought.9835

(I also been waiting to post this till I came up with the trait system, but... I bad with creating traits. )

ChampionProf. Mech.: “Protect” – Adrenaline bar now has 4 stacks. Pressing F2 allows you to tether to allies behind you, absorbing some of their damage. At you’re 4th stack, you grant yourself a barrier.Weapon: ShieldSkill 1: Hook, Spinning Backfist, BashSkill 2: Perry, Shield SweepSkill 3: BulldozerSkills: PunishmentHealing SkillHunker Down: Gain stability while healing and weakening nearby foes.Utility SkillsPath of Protection: Create a trail, allies that cross it gain protection and enemies gain weakness.Evasive Combatant: Evade attacks and gain quickness, while granting surrounding enemies weakness.Bait: Taunt foes and weaken them while granting you retaliation.Intimidating Ward: Drawing a line, granting weakness and slowness to foes that cross it, while granting you might.EliteGrand Defender: Grant you and allies might and protection, while giving foes weakness and vulnerability.

@"derd.6413" said:given that anet wants especs to have some kind of trade-off you'll need to adjust your protect.

tho i'll be honest but this leaves me unimpressed. (also not a fan of shield main-hand)

Are you kidding me... Are you a fan of Cestus? Having a main hand shield would open up warriors to being the closest thing to having "fist to cuffs". Also having Warriors with the professional mechanic Protect would open up warriors to be more "Tanky" where they actually have to be focused on positioning between foes and allies taking the brunt of the damage and especially once they have the added barrier. Their version of punishment skills would also be great way to debuff foes in a creative way.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@"derd.6413" said:given that anet wants especs to have some kind of trade-off you'll need to adjust your protect.

tho i'll be honest but this leaves me unimpressed. (also not a fan of shield main-hand)

Are you kidding me... Are you a fan of Cestus? Having a main hand shield would open up warriors to being the closest thing to having "fist to cuffs". Also having Warriors with the professional mechanic Protect would open up warriors to be more "Tanky" where they actually have to be focused on positioning between foes and allies taking the brunt of the damage and especially once they have the added barrier. Their version of punishment skills would also be great way to debuff foes in a creative way.

then why not just introduce cestusses into the game. protect just looks dull to me, like it should be an elite or something instead of the class mechanic (and the trade off thing that anet wants especs to have isn't pressent) your punishment skills are fine i suppose (maybe unbalanced) but all in all i'm just uninterested. i think that's because it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi

@VocalThought.9835 said:

Sounds more like a guardian spec to me

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:given that anet wants especs to have some kind of trade-off you'll need to adjust your protect.

then why not just introduce cestusses into the game. protect just looks dull to me, like it should be an elite or something instead of the class mechanic (and the trade off thing that anet wants especs to have isn't pressent) your punishment skills are fine i suppose (maybe unbalanced) but all in all i'm just uninterested. i think that's because it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi

You really don't need to introduce a new weapon, they just need to have a weapon skin for that, there for if you want to have a small buckler or a large shield, or simply brass knuckles, they all work the same. Especially since shield off had skills for warrior would compliment the main hand skills just fine.

@Sobx.1758 said:

Sounds more like a guardian spec to me

It would be the Warriors version of Guardian ;-)

Plus it'll be good for their to be a more defensive Warrior spec.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@melandru.3876 said:the utilities were also very original. basicallyw eakness o everything

i'm sure that would last awhile :p weakness is one of the strongest conditions out there.weakness and well timed blinds can totally destroy any offensive spec

What would you recommend instead?

nothing

the supportive spec you are trying to develop allready exists.it's called: firebrand

@melandru.3876 said:

@melandru.3876 said:the utilities were also very original. basicallyw eakness o everything

i'm sure that would last awhile :p weakness is one of the strongest conditions out there.weakness and well timed blinds can totally destroy any offensive spec

What would you recommend instead?

nothing

the supportive spec you are trying to develop allready exists.it's called: firebrand

Lol... How about for Warrior?

Archived