Sliding Walls In Alpine Garrison — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sliding Walls In Alpine Garrison

schlake.2718schlake.2718 Member ✭✭

The inner walls in garrison around the lord room can go up and down. I assume that they would go up when the keep is under attack to keep the lord safe. But, I have never seen them go up in response to an attack. They just seem to sit there all the time, not going up and down. Is there any reason?

Comments

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2019

We had this discussion in another thread not long ago and again:

Garrison isnt designed for WvW

It has nothing to do with the lord. Inner garri is actually Shaemoor Garrison that's protecting Divinity Reach from centaur attacks and the lowered walls are there to "protect" catapults positioned on the walls, firing outwards. They dont move in PvE either afaik, its just visual details.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

They do have animation to move though if anyone wasn't aware.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• schlake.2718schlake.2718 Member ✭✭

I'd never noticed. My first toon was a human, and all the ones since have seen the intro area as more of a trap than a learning experience, so I don't look around much and just try to rush it so I can level to 80. Thanks!

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

The vid of Garrison walls dropping, just my graphics set to super low,

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• They move sometimes when porting into the garrison using the waypoint. They even have a sound effect, some chain rattling.

Kodash [EU]

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.