Volatile Magic "paths" in Dragonfall

Lankmaster.6507

Is there a lore explanation for the "red volatile magics" that are interspersed with normal volatile magics in Dragonfall? You can find flight paths of these in multiple places in Dragonfall, particularly around the center of the map.

What are the red ones? Why do they kill you when you try and collect them? Why are they there?

@Blocki.4931 said:They refresh your endurance as all the other ones do and simply exist so that you can use the path freely without having to limit you as normal VM does, since you don't gain VM by collecting them.

Blocki, is this a mounted only thing or a Skyscale only thing? Because I know I have either glided thru or flown thru red ones with the griffon (can't remember which) and have died instantly.

@Lankmaster.6507 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:They refresh your endurance as all the other ones do and simply exist so that you can use the path freely without having to limit you as normal VM does, since you don't gain VM by collecting them.

Blocki, is this a mounted only thing or a Skyscale only thing? Because I know I have either glided thru or flown thru red ones with the griffon (can't remember which) and have died instantly.

I've griffon'ed through them without issue. Something else must have killed you.

@Lankmaster.6507 said:

Odd, i've gone through them a few times on both of these to no damage

@Lankmaster.6507 said:

They are there even during brand storms which will kill you fast if you try to fly or glider through it