Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2 - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2

1234568

Comments

  • yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019

    @noviiparen.8163 said:

    So it seems that is an individual case that you are not able to speak English, which is by the way a very important language in our days, and that there are people in Russia who can speak English and don’t necessarily need Cyrillic ingame.

    God ... if people didn’t need, there would be no appeal to ArenaNet! People gathered just because they really need it! What will improve their quality of life! In response, we received a complete ignore! I know that forums often ask players about certain issues, but our case is unique precisely because we went out in an open video, showed our faces, talked about our problems, and the company pretended that we did not exist.

    This forum has a topic called Quality of Life. What quality can be discussed if the company ignored the request of thousands of people? They just pretended that nothing was happening. I wrote Rubi Bayer - she is silent (and this is a specialist in public relations). I wrote to her during a live broadcast on Twitch. As soon as she saw my message, she pretended not to see anything.

    After this behavior of the company, people from my guild began to slowly leave the game, because they expected the most unpleasant answer, but they did not expect that they would simply be ignored! You should not compare our case with others, because over the past 7 years I don’t remember a single appeal to the company, so that people create a video and address the game’s management directly. Frankly, I myself, as the largest blogger of GW2 in Russia, was shocked by the behavior of ArenaNet .........

    In this thread, the moderators gave me 4 warnings, and then silently renamed the topic. Which means: "Shut up, man, we don't like you." You have no right to speak out, criticize. You should just smile and say "everything is fine."

    Just because you created a video? That doesn’t make it unique. You should not overrate this.

    Maybe they don’t want or can’t answer to the request because they have not thought about it or can’t say anything to you. You can’t force someone to answer. Because for the last seven years there did not seem to be a problem or the need for Cyrillic.

    I don’t know why it is important that you call yourself the largest GW2 blogger in Russia? You think you will get a special treatment?

  • Maybe they don’t want or can’t answer to the request because they have not thought about it or can’t say anything to you. You can’t force someone to answer. Because for the last seven years there did not seem to be a problem or the need for Cyrillic.

    I don’t know why it is important that you call yourself the largest GW2 blogger in Russia? You think you will get a special treatment?

    The fact that I am the largest blogger in Russia for this game suggests that I appeal not only on my behalf, but I represent the interests of the whole community. But you are fixated on the fact that I'm big.

    I already answered you before that 7 years ago, Guild Wars 2 didn’t have any blogger at all, so no one represented the interests of people in this game. There was simply no person who could take on this responsibility. Everyone played scattered piles.

    And no, our appeal makes us unique, because we are not just letters on the page. We are real people who live in different countries, but speak Russian. You can write anything you want. Most people are not even responsible for their words! But when people show themselves to society, then they probably know what they are going to ..

  • yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2019

    @noviiparen.8163 said:

    Maybe they don’t want or can’t answer to the request because they have not thought about it or can’t say anything to you. You can’t force someone to answer. Because for the last seven years there did not seem to be a problem or the need for Cyrillic.

    I don’t know why it is important that you call yourself the largest GW2 blogger in Russia? You think you will get a special treatment?

    The fact that I am the largest blogger in Russia for this game suggests that I appeal not only on my behalf, but I represent the interests of the whole community. But you are fixated on the fact that I'm big.

    I already answered you before that 7 years ago, Guild Wars 2 didn’t have any blogger at all, so no one represented the interests of people in this game. There was simply no person who could take on this responsibility. Everyone played scattered piles.

    And no, our appeal makes us unique, because we are not just letters on the page. We are real people who live in different countries, but speak Russian. You can write anything you want. Most people are not even responsible for their words! But when people show themselves to society, then they probably know what they are going to ..

    I never heard about you so you shouldn’t overestimate yourself :) did they elect you or who said that you represent other people? Or is it something you say about yourself?

  • I never heard about you so you shouldn’t overestimate yourself :) did they elect you or who said that you represent other people? Or is it something you say about yourself?

    It's ridiculous! How can you hear about me if I don't exist? And, let me know where you live to hear about me? If not in Russia, then it would be strange to know about me. I do not broadcast in English, my language is not represented in the game. People from my country cannot be Anet's partners. How should you find out about me? :-D But now they’ve definitely found out!

    Nice to meet you!

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

    so how I see there is not big happy add cyrilic ? May be that not have proper adresation someone?
    nothing here is do very fast, norm, give time and after few years will back on that.

    i relax, prosto use na traslite, menshe no do sad mind and budet vse good.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    ork podkaster name you blogger?

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Drevin.5392Drevin.5392 Member ✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

    Oh ... there is still debate continues) I want to tell you about their thoughts on the above (one particular do not mean just a quote from there, here a quote ...)
    I love the English language, I love and study it for the few independently (by the method of Pimsleur and so forth.). But my knowledge is not yet sufficient to freely and easily communicate, so use a mechanical translator. And I try to articulate thoughts just choose my words to the translation of the meaning is not lost what I have said.
    • It seems to me that the community, whatever it may be, large or small, has the right to live. 40 000 people who signed the petition - I do not think this is an exhaustive figure. I think we have a lot more. And these 40,000 people is not a crowd of young people with unstable mentality and mature people who give an account of their actions (more or less). And to explain it simply. The very model of the game Payment (Buy to Play) explains it, because we have in Russia is not everyone can afford to buy this game. And also, a factor which eliminates frivolous, lazy players, this language barrier. Yes, the game is in English, and localization in the Russian language will not be, we know it! And this is good, it spurs to learn English.
    • I admit the possibility that the addition of the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat a little worsen the communication with other players. Just a little, I do not take into consider. But I see the chat messages in German, Spanish, French. I see the announcement for admission to the guild in Polish and other languages, which I could not identify. People communicate in their own language, to find his countrymen. Here are the lucky ones, I guess. But they all have an alphabet based on the Latin script and do not experience any problems with this. One day I saw an advertisement for the set in the Russian-speaking guild and it was written in transliteration, the message is very easy to miss and do not give it a value, as it is not immediately clear what kind of language is this)))
    • I was in a huge amount of a variety of groups to communicate in their native language. I do not understand German, French, Spanish, but the question in English, in such groups I answered in English. And this is good. It is an international language, which aims to facilitate mutual understanding of each other. I'm not against. And if suddenly the game will add the ability to communicate in the Cyrillic alphabet, the group consisting of Russian-speaking players, there is someone who **asked to answer in English for English **This is my vision of the future. This in fact possible?
    • All unwilling to see the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat will be sufficient to choose the **menu option **'Show only English "I think this option is already chatting. Correct me if I'm wrong
    • About the abuse and did not understand them if they are expressed in Russian ... Seriously? If you are a mature and independent person, what difference there shouting this bully, this upstart? Do not pay attention, maybe he's not talking to you!
    • I recently came to a head one guess. About Arena.net silence towards our community. Yes, I know about the events within the company and a difficult period. I know about the care of some important people in the company. I understand. I do not understand why there is no answer? It only takes 5 minutes. It's easy, just say, "yes, there is Cyrillic" or not, is not the Cyrillic alphabet, and do not dream "Others answer we also arrange!. What's the matter? In international politics and stereotypes about the Russian? I do not think management should be apolitical and loyal to the players of different nationalities and point. And here's my guess: it is in the business model of the game? Buy to Play? Arena net not important community, it is important only to the number of sold copies of the game and quarterly financial reports? Let's say I bought the game, the developers have thanked me for the support and all the ... more I do not wonder. Sorrowfully.
    • • My conjecture can be verified. I played in the Free to Play projects, I played in Pay to Play projects, the majority are located in my native language, and almost everyone has a Cyrillic chatting! Teso, Wow, Terra, Black desert, and so forth.
    • P.S my thesis can be fragmented and do not follow each other, but I think you get my point. Good luck to all! See you at the expanse of Tyria.

  • @lare.5129 said:

    ork podkaster name you blogger?

    Orc Podcaster is the largest MMO blogger in Russia. But he does not cover any one project. He makes a video about everything. Lost Ark, ArchAge, WoW, Conquerors Blade and much, much more. But most of his audience came precisely through videos about WoW. As you know, the audience of this game is many times greater than GW2. And this game is completely localized in Russian.

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sir Shreder.4206 said:

    @Ulysses.9345 said:

    @Sir Shreder.4206 said:

    @Ulysses.9345 said:
    Well, when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat or add the Cyrillic alphabet to the chat in the future?
    If nobody promised you why you bought this game? To demand support Cyrillic?

    Let's split topics: buying the game and willing (not demanding) use mother tongue.

    What is it wrong to will to speak in mother tongue? Doesn't matter where. And ask an opportunity to do that.

    If you want speak in your native language and it doesn't matter where, you can speak through discord. This is easy and faster than typing in chat. And not need to ask opportunity.

    ИМХО, единственное что хочет Inoy - это популярности и известности в GW2, и плюшки от Arena.net, что видно по его видео. Поэтому он и затеял этот шум.
    Есть способ общаться на русском быстро и эффективно, но для этого ведь не надо подымать шум. А если не подымать шум, кто про тебя узнает?

    If you are against an exact person just say it them face to face.
    What to show how bad public person? Give us any proves.
    No need to shoot out about it.

    If you like to use Discord, please, do that and don't bother the rest people to make their requests.

    Where was that poster being rude... all I read @Ulysses.9345 calling out a vid poster for their use of obscenities in their vids.. and offering a suggestion to utilise Discord if you want to use mother tongue or Cyrillics in game, which has actually been mentioned several times already in this particular post.
    The poster has even highlighted (through experience as a programmer), that introducing Unicode into the game comes with possible issues and isn't as easy to do as many on here like to think. All this has to be weighed up by ANET as well as the cost to make it happen and support it after..
    I would hazard a guess they have already done their own homework on what effects Unicode support can do for growing the game as well as determining whether it would be cost effective to do so... unfortunately nothing comes freely in this world

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • Yes, there is often justified arena.net silence that is not economically viable. Add support for the Cyrillic alphabet. Very hard to justify, if this is the reason. But I do not think so) In one of the posts of someone calculated the approximate cost of the work required. And we agreed to donate this amount. Still no answer. It's not in the finance and economic benefits. Then something is wrong ...
     And enough about Discord! We know what it is. You offer the following: let's say I want to answer the question, the player in the game, who wrote to me in the chat. In response, I print it: Bro, here is the link - an invitation to my Discord, come in and there I will answer you! Well, it's ridiculous, agree. To communicate through Discord need to agree in advance, or spam ads chatting - "follow the link, I'll answer all your questions, you can install the program on the link ...!" And what about the spontaneous meetings? Discord is not the way out here.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    if they can ask the question in latin letter cyrillic combo surely you can answer said question in latin letter cyrillic combo.



  • zài

    shī zǐ
    獅子
    de

    gǒng mén
    拱門
    shàng
    上 This is an example of Chinese transliteration. feel the difference? no? maybe you are not Chinese. also with Russian transliteration, you are not able to understand, because you are not Russian.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Drevin.5392 said:


    zài

    shī zǐ
    獅子
    de

    gǒng mén
    拱門
    shàng
    上 This is an example of Chinese transliteration. feel the difference? no? maybe you are not Chinese. also with Russian transliteration, you are not able to understand, because you are not Russian.

    Well there is no problem if I dont understand it aslong as you and your friends do.

  • @Linken.6345 said:

    @Drevin.5392 said:


    zài

    shī zǐ
    獅子
    de

    gǒng mén
    拱門
    shàng
    上 This is an example of Chinese transliteration. feel the difference? no? maybe you are not Chinese. also with Russian transliteration, you are not able to understand, because you are not Russian.

    Well there is no problem if I dont understand it aslong as you and your friends do.

    why then do you talk about communication on transliteration? if you don’t understand?

  • Lara Kroft Rus.3954Lara Kroft Rus.3954 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

    @yoni.7015 said:

    So it seems that is an individual case that you are not able to speak English, which is by the way a very important language in our days, and that there are people in Russia who can speak English and don’t necessarily need Cyrillic ingame.

    yoni.7015, do not confuse, speak English and write in Cyrillic. The big difference between Cyrillic and Latin. The Latin alphabet is not suitable for writing in Russian, since twice as many letters are required.

    My case is far from infrequent. People have different levels of language training and pedagogues are different.
    In a nearby branch, the Italians asked for localization and you will say that in Italy, is there a problem with the English language?

    Well, let's say otherwise. So, you speak English, would you be comfortable playing a game where everything is in German and even chatting is only necessary in German?
    You ask, English is in the game, but they answer you - learn German.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

    @Lara Kroft Rus.3954 said:

    @yoni.7015 said:

    So it seems that is an individual case that you are not able to speak English, which is by the way a very important language in our days, and that there are people in Russia who can speak English and don’t necessarily need Cyrillic ingame.

    yoni.7015, do not confuse, speak English and write in Cyrillic. The big difference between Cyrillic and Latin. The Latin alphabet is not suitable for writing in Russian, since twice as many letters are required.

    My case is far from infrequent. People have different levels of language training and pedagogues are different.
    In a nearby branch, the Italians asked for localization and you will say that in Italy, is there a problem with the English language?

    Well, let's say otherwise. So, you speak English, would you be comfortable playing a game where everything is in German and even chatting is only necessary in German?
    You ask, English is in the game, but they answer you - learn German.

    I would most likely play something I understand, but you guys seem diffrent since you all have played gw2 without your language in a time span bettwen 7 years and 1 day.
    Edit
    Do you also go into a pizza place complaining that they dont sell traditional russian food aswell?

  • @Linken.6345 said:

    @Lara Kroft Rus.3954 said:

    @yoni.7015 said:

    So it seems that is an individual case that you are not able to speak English, which is by the way a very important language in our days, and that there are people in Russia who can speak English and don’t necessarily need Cyrillic ingame.

    yoni.7015, do not confuse, speak English and write in Cyrillic. The big difference between Cyrillic and Latin. The Latin alphabet is not suitable for writing in Russian, since twice as many letters are required.

    My case is far from infrequent. People have different levels of language training and pedagogues are different.
    In a nearby branch, the Italians asked for localization and you will say that in Italy, is there a problem with the English language?

    Well, let's say otherwise. So, you speak English, would you be comfortable playing a game where everything is in German and even chatting is only necessary in German?
    You ask, English is in the game, but they answer you - learn German.

    I would most likely play something I understand, but you guys seem diffrent since you all have played gw2 without your language in a time span bettwen 7 years and 1 day.
    Edit
    Do you also go into a pizza place complaining that they dont sell traditional russian food aswell?

    no, but I can ask the cook to add some Russian ingredient to pizza)

  • yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lara Kroft Rus.3954 said:

    @yoni.7015 said:

    So it seems that is an individual case that you are not able to speak English, which is by the way a very important language in our days, and that there are people in Russia who can speak English and don’t necessarily need Cyrillic ingame.

    yoni.7015, do not confuse, speak English and write in Cyrillic. The big difference between Cyrillic and Latin. The Latin alphabet is not suitable for writing in Russian, since twice as many letters are required.

    My case is far from infrequent. People have different levels of language training and pedagogues are different.
    In a nearby branch, the Italians asked for localization and you will say that in Italy, is there a problem with the English language?

    Well, let's say otherwise. So, you speak English, would you be comfortable playing a game where everything is in German and even chatting is only necessary in German?
    You ask, English is in the game, but they answer you - learn German.

    There is a huge difference between English and other languages like German: most people learn English and English is considered to be a universal language.

  • yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

    @Drevin.5392 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Lara Kroft Rus.3954 said:

    @yoni.7015 said:

    So it seems that is an individual case that you are not able to speak English, which is by the way a very important language in our days, and that there are people in Russia who can speak English and don’t necessarily need Cyrillic ingame.

    yoni.7015, do not confuse, speak English and write in Cyrillic. The big difference between Cyrillic and Latin. The Latin alphabet is not suitable for writing in Russian, since twice as many letters are required.

    My case is far from infrequent. People have different levels of language training and pedagogues are different.
    In a nearby branch, the Italians asked for localization and you will say that in Italy, is there a problem with the English language?

    Well, let's say otherwise. So, you speak English, would you be comfortable playing a game where everything is in German and even chatting is only necessary in German?
    You ask, English is in the game, but they answer you - learn German.

    I would most likely play something I understand, but you guys seem diffrent since you all have played gw2 without your language in a time span bettwen 7 years and 1 day.
    Edit
    Do you also go into a pizza place complaining that they dont sell traditional russian food aswell?

    no, but I can ask the cook to add some Russian ingredient to pizza)

    How many pizza places store russian ingredients to put on the pizza? :)

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @yoni.7015 said:

    @Drevin.5392 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Lara Kroft Rus.3954 said:

    @yoni.7015 said:

    So it seems that is an individual case that you are not able to speak English, which is by the way a very important language in our days, and that there are people in Russia who can speak English and don’t necessarily need Cyrillic ingame.

    yoni.7015, do not confuse, speak English and write in Cyrillic. The big difference between Cyrillic and Latin. The Latin alphabet is not suitable for writing in Russian, since twice as many letters are required.

    My case is far from infrequent. People have different levels of language training and pedagogues are different.
    In a nearby branch, the Italians asked for localization and you will say that in Italy, is there a problem with the English language?

    Well, let's say otherwise. So, you speak English, would you be comfortable playing a game where everything is in German and even chatting is only necessary in German?
    You ask, English is in the game, but they answer you - learn German.

    I would most likely play something I understand, but you guys seem diffrent since you all have played gw2 without your language in a time span bettwen 7 years and 1 day.
    Edit
    Do you also go into a pizza place complaining that they dont sell traditional russian food aswell?

    no, but I can ask the cook to add some Russian ingredient to pizza)

    How many pizza places store russian ingredients to put on the pizza? :)

    Im more curious what these ingredients are that we dont have in the rest of the world.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So shot summary is: we need checkbox is setting, where disable d by DEFALUT. If enabled - people see Cyrillic letters and can write it.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Where was that poster being rude... all I read @Ulysses.9345 calling out a vid poster for their use of obscenities in their vids.. and offering a suggestion to utilise Discord if you want to use mother tongue or Cyrillics in game, which has actually been mentioned several times already in this particular post.

    I dont't use dicrord, dont need lag-land on pc.

    The poster has even highlighted (through experience as a programmer), that introducing Unicode into the game comes with possible issues and isn't as easy to do as many on here like to think.

    This is on row fix in config, NOT in code.

    All this has to be weighed up by ANET as well as the cost to make it happen and support it after..

    cost is 0

    I would hazard a guess they have already done their own homework on what effects Unicode support can do for growing the game as well as determining whether it would be cost effective to do so... unfortunately nothing comes freely in this world

    sorry, translator here say understood-able, try normal simple English

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • @Linken.6345 said:

    @yoni.7015 said:

    @Drevin.5392 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Lara Kroft Rus.3954 said:

    @yoni.7015 said:

    So it seems that is an individual case that you are not able to speak English, which is by the way a very important language in our days, and that there are people in Russia who can speak English and don’t necessarily need Cyrillic ingame.

    yoni.7015, do not confuse, speak English and write in Cyrillic. The big difference between Cyrillic and Latin. The Latin alphabet is not suitable for writing in Russian, since twice as many letters are required.

    My case is far from infrequent. People have different levels of language training and pedagogues are different.
    In a nearby branch, the Italians asked for localization and you will say that in Italy, is there a problem with the English language?

    Well, let's say otherwise. So, you speak English, would you be comfortable playing a game where everything is in German and even chatting is only necessary in German?
    You ask, English is in the game, but they answer you - learn German.

    I would most likely play something I understand, but you guys seem diffrent since you all have played gw2 without your language in a time span bettwen 7 years and 1 day.
    Edit
    Do you also go into a pizza place complaining that they dont sell traditional russian food aswell?

    no, but I can ask the cook to add some Russian ingredient to pizza)

    How many pizza places store russian ingredients to put on the pizza? :)

    Im more curious what these ingredients are that we dont have in the rest of the world.

    this is a metaphor. I answered by comparison to comparison. but if you want, I will explain what I meant. The cook is arena.net, pizza is gw2, the Russian ingredient is our request for the addition of the Cyrillic alphabet. but if you want to talk about cooking ... do you add pickles to the filling? no, not marinated. exactly salted? do you add a few grams of vodka to the pizza dough? Believe me, it will become more magnificent and softer. and a little about marketing. and if you are an American businessman and set up a pizzeria in Brooklyn, on Brighton Beach? because many Slavs live there. why don't I go meet customers?

  • Drevin.5392Drevin.5392 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

    @lare.5129 said:
    So shot summary is: we need checkbox is setting, where disable d by DEFALUT. If enabled - people see Cyrillic letters and can write it

    Here https://imgur.com/RG4OpUY

  • primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm german but i would hate it to be unable to write in my native language ingame.. give that guys their letters @Anet !

  • Vulkanis.3540Vulkanis.3540 Member
    edited November 26, 2019

    Arenanet we ask you just give an answer please

  • Hi,
    I think that the only problem here is not knowing international (!!) english. And this is a problem not only russian - speaking community. Guild Wars 2 also don't have support for my natvie language and I don't even hope that someday they will do this. Guys what is a goal of playing in internatonal game without knowledge of international language - english... or french.
    Russian is use in ex-CCCP countires with all RESPECT for them (is that true, am I right) and Guild wars 2 - if I'm not wrong - is not ex-CCCP's game.

    Even if russian is number 10th language in the world Guild Wars 2 don't support 9 langueges :))) soo you are not first in the line, hehe :)

    I'm against such idea.

    I feel like Boon Master. No! Wait! I'm elementalist...

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Milosz.5938 said:
    Hi,
    I think that the only problem here is not knowing international (!!) english. And this is a problem not only russian - speaking community. Guild Wars 2 also don't have support for my natvie language and I don't even hope that someday they will do this. Guys what is a goal of playing in internatonal game without knowledge of international language - english... or french.
    Russian is use in ex-CCCP countires with all RESPECT for them (is that true, am I right) and Guild wars 2 - if I'm not wrong - is not ex-CCCP's game.

    Even if russian is number 10th language in the world Guild Wars 2 don't support 9 langueges :))) soo you are not first in the line, hehe :)

    I'm against such idea.

    Don't be afraid. According to their "answer(s)" & reactions it won't happen anyways.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2020

    @Drevin.5392 said:


    zài

    shī zǐ
    獅子
    de

    gǒng mén
    拱門
    shàng
    上 This is an example of Chinese transliteration. feel the difference? no? maybe you are not Chinese. also with Russian transliteration, you are not able to understand, because you are not Russian.

    "It's on top of the lion's archway" seems like it might have a couple characters wrong, but ironically this helps to prove your point: the words for it/he/she are all pronounced "tā" in standard Chinese but they have three different characters. The meaning of Chinese characters is more definite than the romanized form. I don't think Russian has the problem to that extent, but nonetheless it requires some interpretation to read.

  • Just dropping by to complain that other alphabets are missing too (like greek) so if they're gonna add russian, they better add the rest too.

  • @noviiparen.8163 said:
    Hello from Russia, My friends!

    In this video, the Russian-speaking gaming community of Guild Wars 2 request ArenaNet to start supporting Cyrillic letters in the game. I know that these problems not only Russian players , but also many other countries. Unfortunately, I cannot be responsible for everyone, but I can be responsible for those with whom I play. Do not remain indifferent to our problem and support our appeal!

    https://youtu.be/xX6EQSBJbkA

    I support your appeal, you should absolutely be able to read/chat in your native alphabet. However, this might be better supported by a post in the Suggestions/QoL thread stickied at the top of the GW2 Discussions board. Link below:

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas#latest

    Good luck & good gaming

  • @Anemone.5320 said:
    Just dropping by to complain that other alphabets are missing too (like greek) so if they're gonna add russian, they better add the rest too.

    There was not talking about localization, and the addition of support for the Cyrillic alphabet. Chat will not only Russian, but also other communities whose native alphabet based on the Cyrillic alphabet.

  • coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I had no idea gw2 had a big Russian following.
    If it can't be don't without much work I don't see the problem with it 😁

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @coso.9173 said:
    I had no idea gw2 had a big Russian following.
    If it can't be don't without much work I don't see the problem with it 😁

    Thats the problem, we dont know how much work it is. But given that anet has never added any language, and has admitted multiple times their coding of the game is a mess, and the UI portion of the game is really bad, i dont think its easy at all, and on their list of things to do i imagine that adding support for a language is way way way way down there due to the amount of work it probably would take.

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @coso.9173 said:
    I had no idea gw2 had a big Russian following.
    If it can't be don't without much work I don't see the problem with it 😁

    Thats the problem, we dont know how much work it is. But given that anet has never added any language, and has admitted multiple times their coding of the game is a mess, and the UI portion of the game is really bad, i dont think its easy at all, and on their list of things to do i imagine that adding support for a language is way way way way down there due to the amount of work it probably would take.

    Well, at the end of the day, it's the devs decision. People can only propose ideas and the devs have to see if they will do it or no. It's not our job to tell other players not to ask for something, because it might be too much work, since we don't really have that info ourselves.

  • My english is very good, but i need Russian localisation...
    And I need Tatar localization too. :p

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I speak 3 languages, one of which is Russian. I really wouldn't mind if they allow other letters or not but if they do I hope they won't allow it in general/map chat. Besides, speak English! It's a great opportunity for you to improve and learn, let's not forget it's the most important language on our globe currently.

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be that hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

    Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

    Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.
    Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

    No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

  • @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be that hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

    Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

    Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.
    Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

    No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

    So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

  • Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

    Presumably, the same thing happens that does now when Filipino players are reported for something written in Tagalog.

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be that hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

    Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

    Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.
    Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

    No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

    So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

    Google translate is free to use last I checked for those rare occasions. How is that any different from the current situation though? I can still speak russian with the English alphabet if I want. Btw, I'm against allowing anything other than English in public/map chats. For Guild/Party/Whisper there's no issue.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020

    @noviiparen.8163 said:

    Maybe they don’t want or can’t answer to the request because they have not thought about it or can’t say anything to you. You can’t force someone to answer. Because for the last seven years there did not seem to be a problem or the need for Cyrillic.

    I don’t know why it is important that you call yourself the largest GW2 blogger in Russia? You think you will get a special treatment?

    The fact that I am the largest blogger in Russia for this game suggests that I appeal not only on my behalf, but I represent the interests of the whole community.

    Most of the big bloggers and streamers think that way. That doesnt make it true.
    Hint: it wouldn't be surprising if there were more people thinking they represent the russian community (in fact, i am 99% sure thare are others). And i am sure that all those people can't really agree on what those interests are.

    @Drevin.5392 said:

    @Anemone.5320 said:
    Just dropping by to complain that other alphabets are missing too (like greek) so if they're gonna add russian, they better add the rest too.

    There was not talking about localization, and the addition of support for the Cyrillic alphabet. Chat will not only Russian, but also other communities whose native alphabet based on the Cyrillic alphabet.

    Anemone wasn't talking about localization, but also about alphabet - greek has its own, if you didn't know.

    That is the core of the problem, i guess - once you add one, you have to add all of them. Not just Cyrillic.

    And the often brought up case of the Polish language? That was almost certainly simply a sideeffect of adding german diacritic support. I'm pretty sure that wasn't intended at all (i doubt Polish comunity is big enough to even be considered for that), and i'm quite certain that Anet doesn't really want players talking in any langage other than officially supported (and moderated). Not strongly enough to actually forbid or actively hinder it, but just enough to not want to offer any help to players doing it on their own. You won;t get them to tell it to you outright, though, because saying it in the open would be bad PR.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be that hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

    Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

    Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.
    Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

    No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

    So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

    Google translate is free to use last I checked for those rare occasions. How is that any different from the current situation though? I can still speak russian with the English alphabet if I want. Btw, I'm against allowing anything other than English in public/map chats. For Guild/Party/Whisper there's no issue.

    Not sure they can lock it to only work in guild/party and whisper tho its either all or none.

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be that hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

    Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

    Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.
    Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

    No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

    So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

    Google translate is free to use last I checked for those rare occasions. How is that any different from the current situation though? I can still speak russian with the English alphabet if I want. Btw, I'm against allowing anything other than English in public/map chats. For Guild/Party/Whisper there's no issue.

    Not sure they can lock it to only work in guild/party and whisper tho its either all or none.

    Pretty sure they can.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:
    Pretty sure they can.

    Not without spending a lot of effort on coding it, because there's absolutely nothing to even suggest that any mechanic that would help them do that is already in the game. So, we're back to the "not worth it" situation.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:
    Pretty sure they can.

    Not without spending a lot of effort on coding it, because there's absolutely nothing to even suggest that any mechanic that would help them do that is already in the game. So, we're back to the "not worth it" situation.

    If it requires any significant effort then it's totally not worth it. Besides, its a great opportunity to practice the most important language

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be that hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

    Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

    Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.
    Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

    No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

    So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

    :) I think here is the solution to your phobia of Russian insults https://imgur.com/RG4OpUY

  • @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @noviiparen.8163 said:

    Maybe they don’t want or can’t answer to the request because they have not thought about it or can’t say anything to you. You can’t force someone to answer. Because for the last seven years there did not seem to be a problem or the need for Cyrillic.

    I don’t know why it is important that you call yourself the largest GW2 blogger in Russia? You think you will get a special treatment?

    The fact that I am the largest blogger in Russia for this game suggests that I appeal not only on my behalf, but I represent the interests of the whole community.

    Most of the big bloggers and streamers think that way. That doesnt make it true.
    Hint: it wouldn't be surprising if there were more people thinking they represent the russian community (in fact, i am 99% sure thare are others). And i am sure that all those people can't really agree on what those interests are.

    @Drevin.5392 said:

    @Anemone.5320 said:
    Just dropping by to complain that other alphabets are missing too (like greek) so if they're gonna add russian, they better add the rest too.

    There was not talking about localization, and the addition of support for the Cyrillic alphabet. Chat will not only Russian, but also other communities whose native alphabet based on the Cyrillic alphabet.

    Anemone wasn't talking about localization, but also about alphabet - greek has its own, if you didn't know.

    That is the core of the problem, i guess - once you add one, you have to add all of them. Not just Cyrillic.

    And the often brought up case of the Polish language? That was almost certainly simply a sideeffect of adding german diacritic support. I'm pretty sure that wasn't intended at all (i doubt Polish comunity is big enough to even be considered for that), and i'm quite certain that Anet doesn't really want players talking in any langage other than officially supported (and moderated). Not strongly enough to actually forbid or actively hinder it, but just enough to not want to offer any help to players doing it on their own. You won;t get them to tell it to you outright, though, because saying it in the open would be bad PR.

    Bulgarians, Macedonians, Serbs, Croats and Montenegrins use the Cyrillic alphabet.

  • @Drevin.5392 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be that hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

    Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

    Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.
    Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

    No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

    So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

    :) I think here is the solution to your phobia of Russian insults https://imgur.com/RG4OpUY

    I think you may be projecting. Personally, I rarely have chat enabled, and map chat on NA is predominantly English. Plenty of insults in that language.

    You see, I was responding to the conversation I quoted.

  • yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

    @Drevin.5392 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be that hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

    Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

    Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.
    Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

    No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

    So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

    :) I think here is the solution to your phobia of Russian insults https://imgur.com/RG4OpUY

    This is not a solution and you know that. A solution would be a “hide Russian” because if you play in Germany for example you have “show only German” but like most of people in (western) Europe we can also communicate in English and some also in French. So show only German would not be good.
    And your nonsense about phobia of Russian is stupid and propaganda.