[Suggestion] In-game tracking for legendary crafting

SmirkDog.3160

You can see how much of the required ingredients you have when you're crafting stuff like the Gift of Metal because it actually requires a recipe and stuff, but it would be nice to be able to track how much of everything you have in a menu somewhere. Both generations of legendary weapons have a whole crap load of things that you need to get, and it would be much easier to keep track of if we could see it all in one place in-game. Y'know, instead of flipping back and forth between the game and the wiki to look at what you need and what you have.

And no, mentioning the collections for precursors doesn't really count.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There are external websites already dedicated to doing just this. Adding this in game just adds more UI clutter.

Did you miss the part about switching back and forth between the game and an internet tab? And it doesn't have to be "UI clutter", it could be an extra tab in the hero menu or something. And I seriously doubt it would seem like clutter for people who want it, and people who don't want it don't have to see it. It can't be any more clutter than the daily achievements it keeps bugging me about.

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There are external websites already dedicated to doing just this. Adding this in game just adds more UI clutter.

Did you miss the part about switching back and forth between the game and an internet tab? And it doesn't have to be "UI clutter", it could be an extra tab in the hero menu or something. And I seriously doubt it would seem like clutter for people who want it, and people who don't want it don't have to see it. It can't be any more clutter than the daily achievements it keeps bugging me about.

You said wiki and not the Internet tab. There's a big difference between the wiki and those other websites.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There are external websites already dedicated to doing just this.

Absolutely. That makes this a very low priority issue for ANet.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Adding this in game just adds more UI clutter.

Seems to me that there are lots of ways that could be resolved. More importantly, the "UI" already gets cluttered by having to register an account, save an API, and flip back|forth between game and site.

Mind you, adding this feature to the game sounds costly, so this also makes it a lower priority for ANet, given that those same UI resources could be devoted to something that affects more people more often and more profoundly.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You said wiki and not the Internet tab. There's a big difference between the wiki and those other websites.

It's literally the same physical actions to alt tab out of the game and click around somewhere else and go "oh okay got it" and then go back to the game. The wiki is in an internet tab. Those websites are in an internet tab. This isn't that complicated to understand, and I really didn't think I'd have to explain it.

Everyone acts like ANet has like 5 employees and they should all be working on like metas for the Pro Players. There are plenty of things that would be considered 'low priority' that still gets added to the game instead. I mean hello, Catmander? I'm sure I can name more things that are totally pointless that are in the game and this isn't. Why does no one ever want changes to be added if those changes can't benefit them?

Archived