It is 2020, Why is there still no VoIP in game?

Sinister.5792

As title says..

I've been on and off in this game for such long time.. and still there's no VoIP in this game, especially PvP...

In fact, VoIP should exist in all Modes WvW / PvP / PvE for 5man Party group...

Please tell me why is this still not implemented?Too much hassles?Inconvenient?Screaming kids?People not too bothered muting people and instead cry of abuse of VoIP?ugh..

Why?

Can you all point out the Pros and Cons of this?

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B...

Really tho it'd be a massive undertaking for anet - more network traffic for them, etc.

it works in games like Overwatch because pvp is all they have and the entire experience revolves around that.

I'm planning on just making a discord server to quick-invite my new group each match, then punt 'em out at the end.

@Sinister.5792 said:As title says..

I've been on and off in this game for such long time.. and still there's no VoIP in this game, especially PvP...

In fact, VoIP should exist in all Modes WvW / PvP / PvE for 5man Party group...

Please tell me why is this still not implemented?Too much hassles?Inconvenient?Screaming kids?People not too bothered muting people and instead cry of abuse of VoIP?ugh..

Why?

Can you all point out the Pros and Cons of this?

I'd wager it would probably be too much of a technical undertaking for the current team. There's also the idea that you can't moderate vocal and that people would get really toxic without Anet being able to persecute them. Although I think it would reduce toxicity, not increase it.