The easiest to play (core) professions?

Luthan.5236

What are the easiest ones? I played engineer as my main in PvE back then ... and of course lots of PvP as well. Now I'm just starting to catch up with the expansions and I want to test the elite specs in PvP only once I have played them in PvE a lot. (Haven't tried much besides Scrapper yet and the core Revenant also is doing PvE as my 9th char - leveling normally through story and map completion.)

From the core game 8 core professions I liked Engineer. (I only play at low/mid skill level and no "meta" builds but I found a fun build to play for myself.) I found Thief and Ele always pretty hard. Cause of the low health/squishiness if you don't have good skill at the rotations (lots of skills with attunements for Ele and the Thief needs to constantly go back in stealth). For some reason I can't get into the the more melee oriented professions like Warrior and Guardian. (Revenant might be more to my taste later.)

Left with 3 other options - for the achievements that require rated game wins in 3 classes/professions I tried Mesmer only to get bored or find it too hard as well. The Ranger felt nice with the pet and an option of using bow and melee weapon set and fighting mid range. (Similar to my rifle engineer where the rifle has movement skills and CC and where I try to stay at mid range.)

But that Necromancer which I started ... wow ... never felt that easy to stay a live that long (unless I'm getting in outnumbered situations, I try team fighting). Made it focused on conditions and higher life force pool and traits for siphoning life/heal (which if I remember correctly also apply to team members ... now I know why others in my team often say to target enemy Necros first). Fun to play. Didn't feel hard to get into that. (Besides finding a build.)

@"Luthan.5236" said:What are the easiest ones? I played engineer as my main in PvE back then ... and of course lots of PvP as well. Now I'm just starting to catch up with the expansions and I want to test the elite specs in PvP only once I have played them in PvE a lot. (Haven't tried much besides Scrapper yet and the core Revenant also is doing PvE as my 9th char - leveling normally through story and map completion.)

From the core game 8 core professions I liked Engineer. (I only play at low/mid skill level and no "meta" builds but I found a fun build to play for myself.) I found Thief and Ele always pretty hard. Cause of the low health/squishiness if you don't have good skill at the rotations (lots of skills with attunements for Ele and the Thief needs to constantly go back in stealth). For some reason I can't get into the the more melee oriented professions like Warrior and Guardian. (Revenant might be more to my taste later.)

Left with 3 other options - for the achievements that require rated game wins in 3 classes/professions I tried Mesmer only to get bored or find it too hard as well. The Ranger felt nice with the pet and an option of using bow and melee weapon set and fighting mid range. (Similar to my rifle engineer where the rifle has movement skills and CC and where I try to stay at mid range.)

But that Necromancer which I started ... wow ... never felt that easy to stay a live that long (unless I'm getting in outnumbered situations, I try team fighting). Made it focused on conditions and higher life force pool and traits for siphoning life/heal (which if I remember correctly also apply to team members ... now I know why others in my team often say to target enemy Necros first). Fun to play. Didn't feel hard to get into that. (Besides finding a build.)

I played necro,war,thief and mesmer.warrior is by far the simplest, followed by necro.then both thief and mesmer are complicated but thief seems more forgiving.

You've got plenty of ease of use options to suit your needs depending on the playstyle you're going for.

Burn Guardian

Pros:

• Very high burst condi damage.
  • Decent utility.
  • Easy to execute.
  • Good 1v1

Cons:

• Can be predictable if opponent knows how to play around it
  • Falls off in higher tiers
  • Weak teamfight if vs supports with heavy cleanse
  • Weak vs classes with good cleanse

Long Bow Ranger

Pros:

• Deals high burst damage from range
  • Deals high burst damage up close if you can land maul.
  • Good CC
  • Every time a player gets randomly stunned by Gazelle they immediately alt+f4 and open up a tab in the forums to rage about how unfair it is.
  • Good at punishing bad enemy positioning
  • Decent at 1v1's and teamfights

Cons:

• Dies easily if focused
  • Little to no utility
  • Does not contribute to capture point progress if camping in longbow

Necromancer

Pros:

• Amazing teamfighter
  • Counters boon spam
  • Very tanky
  • Easily achieves top damage due to constant condi pressure
  • Great CC if built for it
  • Easy to play in lower tiers

Cons:

• Needs peel to truly shine
  • Lacks stability
  • Weak cleanses
  • Difficult to play in higher tiers.

One Shot Mesmer

Pros:

• Top tier burst. Can delete people so fast they don't see their health bar drop.
  • Very good +1er
  • Can one shot from stealth
  • Difficult to focus

Cons:

• Need to invest some time into learning their combos.
  • Damage falls off hard after your initial burst
  • Weak teamfighter unless you can pick someone off
  • Cooldown reliant

Warrior

Not sure, never played it. People tell me it's face roll at low levels, but has a high skill cap when mastered.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Kuma.1503 I got to plat 1 as warrior without knowing what my abilities do, just by mashing what felt right.at about g3/p1 people start to dodge abilities so that stops working ;p

NA server, ladies and gents.

EU actually, for all its worth it was before both rampage nerfs, so every 70-80s i was pressing autowin button

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Kuma.1503 I got to plat 1 as warrior without knowing what my abilities do, just by mashing what felt right.at about g3/p1 people start to dodge abilities so that stops working ;p

NA server, ladies and gents.

EU actually, for all its worth it was before both rampage nerfs, so every 70-80s i was pressing autowin button

Makes sense.