Legend Match Ups — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Legend Match Ups

SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 16, 2019 in Revenant

I've got an idea for Core revenant.

Because you guys said that you want to spice up core professions, I came up with this.

Instead of having just the current F2 skill to recharge energy, you could do the following.

We could have an F3 key that would display a symbol, according to the two matched up legends.

For instance, if you match Shiro, and Demon, we get Ying Yang symbol, which once ready, we'd get boons and a mash up power of the two.

Such as Embrace the Darkness + Impossible Odds.
So we'd gain; Torment + Quickness = Bonus effect of Fear or Vulnerability.

Another example.
Great Dwarf + Centaur.
We'd get like a benevolence symbol.
We'd gain; Toughness + Regeneration = Bonus Resistance.

Great Dwarf + Demon.
Toughness + Torment = Bonus Distortion.

Well, you get the idea with that.

The symbol skill would take 60 seconds to recharge, and would use the existing upkeep energy bar; using 6 upkeep bars.

So what you devs think about that?

Comments

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

imo it should be a thing that every form of revenant has. An synergy with the second , not currently invoked legend.

but maybe in another way than u described

• sounds like weaver's dual attacks

• Lonewolf Kai.3682Lonewolf Kai.3682 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2019

How bout f1 = legend 1
    F2 = legend 2
    F3 = legend 3
    Longer cool down to switch for balance purposes.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2019

Dual-legend skills have been a big hope of mine for a future e-spec for quite a while now, but I am not sure if that day will ever come. With that said, I think Ancient Echo is a sufficient class mechanic for core. It was a huge step forward, and absolutely has advantages over both e-spec mechanics without being overpowered (although I still wish Ventari's effect was different). The changes core needs are specifics regarding legend, weapon, and trait balance; mechanically, it does not need anything new or innovative. Maybe Weavenant will happen if we get another expac.