how is ranger currently

kiritsugu emeya.3962

@Revolution.5409 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:The ranger is balanced, other professions are OP.When the other professions have the right modifications Ranger will have more space.

Still some op builds with soulbeast..in a pvp setting demolished with mad King rune does crazy damage. Moa stance/plasma/smoke cloud/call of the wind/we are one heal/one wolf pack then just watch hunters call destroy their bar.Build has crazy damage and good survivability. So no soulbeast is not that balanced just like most classes are not.

Nothing comparable to what a warrior an engineer or an elemetalist can do.

Each build ranger received heavy Nerfs from Sickem to Stance, removal of unlockable attacks, nerf auto atk longblow even our shouts were changed to commands to prevent them being used with soldier runes.

So what's the point here? Do you want a profession that hardly stays in p2 become completely useless? Every complaint concerning Ranger has been resolved.Do you know that this combination can be blocked by using Shield Stance if you are a warrior or simply standing near a Firebrand while using Valiant Bulark that can reflect everything, cure and give allies buffs? This is to give some examples.

We need to stop justifying what OP is, Ranger has received his part as Miraggio and some Necro builds, now it's up to Holosmith, warrior and FB and so on.

If a build on any class that has 5 evades, stealth on both weapon sets, 3 active 2 passive knock downs, invulnerability, 2 stun breakers, quick access to 25 might, perma fury and swiftness plus other boons and has the ability to take from 50 to 100% off someone's hp bar from range then yeah it is op but that's just my view.And yes it can easily stay in plat 2, its what I've used for the past 2 seasons I've played.

@Dajas.4715 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:The ranger is balanced, other professions are OP.When the other professions have the right modifications Ranger will have more space.

Still some op builds with soulbeast..in a pvp setting demolished with mad King rune does crazy damage. Moa stance/plasma/smoke cloud/call of the wind/we are one heal/one wolf pack then just watch hunters call destroy their bar.Build has crazy damage and good survivability. So no soulbeast is not that balanced just like most classes are not.

Nothing comparable to what a warrior an engineer or an elemetalist can do.

Each build ranger received heavy Nerfs from Sickem to Stance, removal of unlockable attacks, nerf auto atk longblow even our shouts were changed to commands to prevent them being used with soldier runes.

So what's the point here? Do you want a profession that hardly stays in p2 become completely useless? Every complaint concerning Ranger has been resolved.Do you know that this combination can be blocked by using Shield Stance if you are a warrior or simply standing near a Firebrand while using Valiant Bulark that can reflect everything, cure and give allies buffs? This is to give some examples.

We need to stop justifying what OP is, Ranger has received his part as Miraggio and some Necro builds, now it's up to Holosmith, warrior and FB and so on.

If a build on any class that has 5 evades, stealth on both weapon sets, 3 active 2 passive knock downs, invulnerability, 2 stun breakers, quick access to 25 might, perma fury and swiftness plus other boons and has the ability to take from 50 to 100% off someone's hp bar from range then yeah it is op but that's just my view.And yes it can easily stay in plat 2, its what I've used for the past 2 seasons I've played.

But I never said that this build ranger is bad.There are better builds that play the same role and this is reality, not my personal opinion.

The OP wants to know if ranger is in a good or bad position in the Meta right now and has nothing to do with what Slb can do, the profession will also do all the things you listed but if Warrior, Engineer and Elementalist they have better builds, Ranger will always be lower.

• 1 month later...

@Leo.5829 said:Currently Ranger is Trash tier. You should pick Guardian, necro, scrapper, rev or warrior for zerging and for roaming either mesmer or thief.

I dunno. I think it's fairly decent.Core just lacks as usual because pets sux.Druid is really in a bad spot but Sbeast is great for burst and dueling and roaming.

For PvE all are good in some roles although not best in slot.

Not being the best is not trash.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:Gs is still good, did i used to abuse gs auto double evade?yes, did it give GS flavor hell yes, should it be in the game? no.

Funny how no one thought GS evades were a problem until 7 years later when Anet removed them for no reason and people had to employ some kind of cope to tell themselves it was no big deal

Skills don’t exist in a vacuum. They fixed it when they were fixing other unintended skill behavior (not the evade itself but being able to chain it by stowing your weapon) like thief staff. Perhaps they did so for consistency reasons or because they thought that ranger was in a state where chaining gs evades was an issue just like they disabled and then reworked Mesmer’s ci because it had become a problem after all these years even though it wasn’t a problem before.

pvp wise. Ranger is not the very best at anything but it’s flexible and can do many different things well. It might not be the best choice for organized 5v5 play as increased organization rewards specialization but for ranked queues ranger is in a good place (especially if you solo queue). Both, core and soulbeast are viable. Druid is rather weak.

@Erzian.5218 said:

pvp wise. Ranger is not the very best at anything but it’s flexible and can do many different things well. It might not be the best choice for organized 5v5 play as increased organization rewards specialization but for ranked queues ranger is in a good place (especially if you solo queue).

With swiss tournaments coming, what can be done to improve rangers for organized team play? What specific traits or skills can be improved so rangers will have a role in team competitions? Maybe if ranger has access to Barrier this would allow it to stay in teamfights? Would love to hear from experienced ranger players.