Banish (hammer #4) change suggestion

aelska.4609

Heya!

I open this thread to propose a change to our all-favourite yet not op skill in this game: Banish!

In its current state, this CC skill has mainly two purposes in conquest: push away a player to uncap his node, or prevent a player from getting rezzed. The long cast time (1s) and the difficulties to land this skill (130 range right in front of you) makes it hardly useable in combat. The effect of its CC is extraordinary (GET OUT THE WAY \o/) but its also a huge weakness of that skill: the guard, which is a slow melee class, has to run to the opponent that he just pushed away on the other side of the map.

My proposition: add an immediate port to the banished player after this skill lands.

Its op because: guards finally get a CC that is useful for him to deal its melee damage afterwards (hammer 2, gs, sword, whatever), and worth the weapon slot and the cast time.It is not op because: The skil is hard to land. The effect is predictable, the banished player would have all his reasons to prepare a stunbreak or to dodge as soon as he can; other ennemies can anticipate and already drop the damage on what would be the future teleportation area.

What do you think about it ? :)

It could work if hammer 4 had a flip over skill, to perform said teleport to the enemy. That way it's user selectable. Though I don't think teleporting goes thematically speaking with the hammer.

Alternatively it could refresh the CD of hammer 2, though the range is not quite enough to close the gap created by banish. hmm. Maybe reduce the launch range of banish to match that of mighty blow?

• 2 weeks later...

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:hmm how about an aoe launch instead B)

The WvW community would RAGE Lol... seeing 10 people fly away from Banish by just a few Guards would be a very awesome sight though.

I will say that the #4 skill is powerful within itself and it serves the purpose it is meant to serve. The main issue with hammer is that the damage from #1 isn't really there... definitely not in PvP or WvW. I don't mind slow bulky weapons but landing a #1 weapon swing is simply not rewarding for how slow the #1 attack is. I think this has been the main gripe with Hammer for a very long time. Keep the hammer bulky, that's kind of the purpose of a big hammer but I feel the weapon isn't as rewarding as it should be.