Deleted and Closed

Not going to argue about this anymore. GL, I'm taking my money elsewhere. I get a lot of you are "free players" or may not invest into the games you play but I do. Secondly, for those who reply "well it says display name" ... my account was from the original Guild Wars and then I played GW2 ... back at that time it was a different scenario about your "Display Name." I guess all the hundreds of dollars a month someone might spend into the game doesn't help continue to promote the game but it's super hard to figure out how to change a display name. Yeah, I get it ... it's called coding. Somehow ESO managed to trim down the fat of a WHOLE game created years and years back. World of Warcraft being over 29 years old can manage to update and allow you to change/merge account and you can change your Display/Battle ID. Even FFXIV at least gives warnings that you can NEVER change your Display/UserName.

I wouldn't give two shits about my Display if it didn't display to every person in a Guild or Discord who wants to confirm your ID and stuck with it showing to every Tom, Dick and Harry. On that note, Adios and GL to those of you kind enough to reply without trying to be demeaning and not know the full set of circumstances and why it was even remotely important.

Also as of note which I've looked up and linked in my support ticket.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000728148-I-Want-to-Change-My-Display-Name"You used your full real life name as your Display Name." it does not specify first and last name but rather Real Life Name"All other scenarios are reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis." support is simply saying no that it doesn't violate terms of service or meet the requirement"We only make changes when a user's personal information or identity is at risk." having your first or last name CAN BE a security risk not only for an account but in real life to any internet predator

https://account.arena.net/registerThis does not specify anywhere when you create an account that you'll never be able to change your Display Name. No warnings or anything remotely warning! Even when you click the ( ? ) No where does it say that this is permanent.

I would have considered creating a whole new account but I use to play the original Guild Wars back in the day and have all my achievements from HOM. On top of that I've invested literally hundreds of dollars for in game items not realizing that oh well if I join a Guild that my Display Name is shown to everyone instead of just my Character name or that Guild Wars 2 Guilds may require my Display Name in their discord including the last 4 using Guild Wars data to verify it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234 Thanks for the information. I guess it's kind of sad that a business feels that safety and security isn't a risk. Oh well, I'll take my hundreds dollars of month to spend on another game instead of GW2. I like to invest into games I play to helps support them but if this is how Arena.Net is in these situations ... I don't want to continue to support them. Guess this account can lapse as it did in the past. Thanks again for the heads up.

Be aware, the reason the CS Team is reluctant to change Display Names is because it almost always breaks the account.You won't be able to be contacted in-game - mail, whispers, etc. and any number of other things broken.

Again, consider removing the text from all the posts you've made all over the forum stating you are the person that has been stalked. No one knew that before you announced it for all the world to see.

(I will edit my posts, as well, at that time.)

For technical reasons. changing your Display Name has adverse effects on your account, that's why it's restricted to certain scenarios and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. As to why it's not stated on the registration page, I don't know. What I do know is that it's a niche issue that pops up on here every once in a while. You can find several threads filled with arguments over this if you use the search function.

By the way, it's called Display Name for a reason. With a name like that, you should have assumed that it's not only for you to see. This bit is, in fact, expressed in that popup window you mentioned.