Tired of Wilderness Survival

kiwituatara.6053

Recently came back from a 2 year break. Just wanted to express my disappointment that pretty much all viable WvW/PvP ranger builds still require Wilderness Survival.

WS is a powerful traitline, but I think we need a bit more distribution of condition cleanses to other traitlines or non-survival utility skills. Please Anet, I am sick of having to run WS all the time.

After the rugged growth nerf in WvW I have been trying non WS builds with mixed success. It's currently a condi meta so I have been using Bear Stance almost exclusively. Backed up with healing power it's very powerful against condi spam. That also means Dolyak Stance and Second Skin are must haves along with good protection up time.

Honestly thats not WS fault. Thats more an issue of skirmishing veing trash, and marksmanship being one dimensional tbh.Natura magic has its up and downs and beastmastery too.But WS is just the best designed traitline and overall i think some traits need some reworks across ranger.Lik all: Let my pet suffer traits or boring flat increases that do kit generate tactical decision and so on.Also the cleanse sigbet sucks and needs some improvements.

In WvW, you can run a stance sharing build with Bear and Dolyak if you're zerging. Marauder stats, bird or hyena, GS/sword/axe. It's pretty solid.

Stances were gutted in spvp with the unreasonably high cooldowns as well as crazy low boon durations on Moa (which was a blanket nerf across all classes), and aren't usable.