Auric Basin - Overseer's Cave - POI

Problem is this cave is blocked by vines, and can only be opened by players doing the Group Event "Defeat Overseer Ranik ... etc".So, just camping outside the cave seems no use, (and a very extreme measure for just a POI, I think)

If I go to the Southside Waypoint, is there a way to tell if/when this event will start (the cave is just round the corner from the Waypoint) ... wiki does not give a achedule like it does for the meta event (god bless wiki) and I don't get how these Group Events work, so far. i.e. notifications on the screen, as warning in advance, for instance.

Any advice would be very welcome, this waypoint is very intriguing ...

Pardon the rant, but what comes over the developers to make POI, or Hero, or anything really be gated behind an event that the player exploring has no input to, or influence over.They must have a reason, but I can't see it, unless just to make people join in group events they don't want to? Solo players and completionists look askance at these decisions ... they pay just as much money as the group enthusiasts, after all, but are not allowed to play the game their own way. Sucks. Just saying ...

Thanks

@"aeronis.8396" said:Problem is this cave is blocked by vines, and can only be opened by players doing the Group Event "Defeat Overseer Ranik ... etc".So, just camping outside the cave seems no use, (and a very extreme measure for just a POI, I think)

If I go to the Southside Waypoint, is there a way to tell if/when this event will start (the cave is just round the corner from the Waypoint) ... wiki does not give a achedule like it does for the meta event (god bless wiki) and I don't get how these Group Events work, so far. i.e. notifications on the screen, as warning in advance, for instance.

Any advice would be very welcome, this waypoint is very intriguing ...

Pardon the rant, but what comes over the developers to make POI, or Hero, or anything really be gated behind an event that the player exploring has no input to, or influence over.They must have a reason, but I can't see it, unless just to make people join in group events they don't want to? Solo players and completionists look askance at these decisions ... they pay just as much money as the group enthusiasts, after all, but are not allowed to play the game their own way. Sucks. Just saying ...

Thanks

As Ayrilana.1396 notes, the POI is locked behind an event that begins at the southwatch waypoint. You don't have to complete the event yourself or even succeed at the mini boss event that follows as you fight the boss at the POI and will unlock it win or lose.