New Mount Ability - [Merged]

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Althena.9023 said:A bit off topic but I would love for Anet to review to change Skyscale mount from gradually descending when flight bar is depleted to just fly at constant altitude. I wouldn't mind if the flight bar depletes at much slower pace but not the current state considering the amount of effort in getting Skyscale mount.

Doesn't it just descend to a point before you consumed volatile magic? Or am I thinking of a different mechanic?

Yes you are right consuming volatile magic restores the flight bar however, what I'm suggesting doesn't really break the mechanism of consuming volatile magic at all.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Althena.9023 said:

@Althena.9023 said:A bit off topic but I would love for Anet to review to change Skyscale mount from gradually descending when flight bar is depleted to just fly at constant altitude. I wouldn't mind if the flight bar depletes at much slower pace but not the current state considering the amount of effort in getting Skyscale mount.

I believe that this is by design. No mounts are supposed to fly eternally.

What I've written is a suggestion to a 'by design' mechanism of Skyscale flight behavior and why not allow players to flight indefinitely if they take the trouble to climb a high altitude where no hills/mountains/invisible walls blocking?

Because the devs don't want people completely skipping over content in the maps. I'm pretty sure if you do a forums search, you will find this out. I have seen some videos, though, where players have almost unlimited flight with the griffon. I've not been able to control that mount to that degree.