Kick animation for Warrior (Female Human/Norn) to be replaced with the Ranger Kick animation [POLL]

Smoosh.2718

giving warrior damage orientated utility is always better then nothing.currently warrior has 0 utility that is damage focused.

which is also why fast hand is so important because without weapon skill warrior does 0 damage.

and yea i've always wanted throw bolas for pull but never happened.throw bolas and kick are too similar in terms of build function...both may not look the same, but really, both are just single target control that helps you land following skills, just like balanced stance and dolyak signet...i really wish warrior gets more distinct utility skills...kick is not viable so is throw bola for them sharing the same purpose

@felix.2386 said:giving warrior damage orientated utility is always better then nothing.currently warrior has 0 utility that is damage focused.

which is also why fast hand is so important because without weapon skill warrior does 0 damage.

and yea i've always wanted throw bolas for pull but never happened.throw bolas and kick are too similar in terms of build function...both may not look the same, but really, both are just single target control that helps you land following skills, just like balanced stance and dolyak signet...i really wish warrior gets more distinct utility skills...kick is not viable so is throw bola for them sharing the same purpose

Mmm, in this case though Kick and Throw Bolas are the inverse of each other. One is a keep away from me skill and the other is a stop kitting me skill. Even adding a pull to Throw Bolas still is the inverse of Kick.

Dolyak and BS are similar in that they both break stuns and add stability and reduce damage taken (either with increased armor or crit immunity). I think I'd rather Dolyak break stun and then grant Protection and Resistance.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@felix.2386 said:giving warrior damage orientated utility is always better then nothing.currently warrior has 0 utility that is damage focused.

Mmm, in this case though Kick and Throw Bolas are the inverse of each other. One is a keep away from me skill and the other is a stop kitting me skill. Even adding a pull to Throw Bolas still is the inverse of Kick.

Dolyak and BS are similar in that they both break stuns and add stability and reduce damage taken (either with increased armor or crit immunity). I think I'd rather Dolyak break stun and then grant Protection and Resistance.

You feel like one is keeping enemy away and one is stopping at the current stage of kick and bolas.but in actual pvp brawls, both of them serve literally the same thing.kick knockback is way too short range to be used as decap/keep away(and warrior never want to keep away because warrior sucks at range against all classes) and the thing bolas has advantage over kick is that it's ranged and kick is melee.so that's why kick is 3 ammo and bolas is 2.tho adding pull to bolas will make bolas more unique and provides more interesting game play.\

but kick still sucks.

dolyak giving protection and resistance still doesnt provide interesting gameplay and doesn't really break the tide with balanced stance...just maybe better...i really wish doylak and balanced function in different fashion...instead of one button stunbreak stab.

To be fair the ammo system is a really lazy way of saying 'its balanced now' Look at rifle, the ammo system was a way to say its balanced.. when really the same skills did the same thing just more often.

Alike to kick, Which really does need a change into a flip skill that focuses on damage, maybe even a little daze on the 3rd kick (at least that way animations can be worked into the kicks to make them flow). Would this effect the Raid scene for break bars? probably not, due to the number of CC skills the warrior has access to.

This all started with my gripe about the female warrior 2012 sky high kick animation (which is used for open world 'destroy item' hearts/events), but yes there is an issue with the range of the skill that needs a fix or tool tip update (which i wasnt aware of till testing)... However the skills function is not ok and rightfully deserves a total rework to become a damage skill, so that the core skills can keep up with the flow of the game. This would also allow players to feel like that warrior on the battle field, who slashes, stabs and kicks their foes.

Also fun little trivia, kick was a skill that was meant to be on the long bow.