GOAT is open to Alliances with darkness, delicious delectable evil and a side dish of hot sauce. Hit me up, hit on me and take meeeee ooooooon. We still have no idea when exactly information will come out about this system. I do take players from other servers who want to join us when/if Alliances are available. Considering we are a gaming community you can always chat in the Discord and play whatever titles we are focused on at that time.
Thunder booms overhead. The rain is to the north today. The wind blowing toward us which is in our favor. Our enemies shall not sense our presence. Too foolhardy to even understand our vast and excruciating attention to details such as armor clipping or wandering charr tales. Very different from duck tales I assure you. No. On this day, we take the borderlands back. This is our home. Our story. Will you be a partner to our chapter headings? Or will you merely be an annotated line stitched across our appendix? Choose wisely.
How the guild operates
I have long loved the statement “you keep what you kill” or even “what is remember lives.” In many ways you will get out of this guild precisely what you are willing to put in. If you practice, understand a team based mentality, be creative to changing metas within WvW and PVP I expect a high amount of return in the form of successful raids on enemy ground. If you want a certain specific event the best way to make sure that happens is for you to lead it! I’m always open to feedback. The GOATs are a multi gaming community, right now GW2 is our main game. Communication is key to any fined honed PVP environment. We are no different. Expect voice communication as being mandatory on WvW nights.
How you fit in
We need the strange, the weary, those who are brand new and willing to learn, folks who are looking for a long term home and community. My guild isn't for everyone. We are the outcasts from society, those on the fringe edge of the village that others look to for wisdom and guidance. My GOATs are more than just guild members. I consider them part of my clan. Bonded by laughter, emblazoned with the madness that is being free to do what you do best. Scouts are very welcome, those who prioritize the Home Borderland and understand morale boosting for a team are necessary. If you place your faith in me I will do the same in return. Plus I help people refine their sins into a weapon capable of great deeds and even more loosely acceptable social mores like leather chaps.
Requirements and Information
• We use Discord as our main communication tool (Voice and Text)
• You are expected to show up for WvW raids at least once per week
• Cross server alliance members are welcome (Please be active online)
• All players welcome regardless of background, class or experience
• We have information on Builds available (not strictly enforced - we merely provide resources)
• All members should be 18+ or understand that this is a mature environment
• WvW is our main and only form of structured activity
We offer to you
• WvW raid nights 5x per week. We combine efforts with other guilds in order to provide a better experience and also to prevent burnout among our commanders
• Training on a nightly basis assuming we aren't arguing over which color commander tag to use
• Long term veteran PVP players who are willing to not be unruly jerks and yet still win fights
• Guild members who understand that we are all busy individuals and still want to enjoy having a great time together in a competitive game mode
• While I’ll accept any player into the guild on official raid nights I ask that you be willing to switch to a different class if the comp calls for it (This is for closed tag nights)
• Havoc within WvW to determine who can possibly wind up wearing the least amount of clothing while not dying (on havoc nights you can absolutely bring whatever class you like!)
• Organized chaos that leaves a sweet taste of honey and necromancy on the lips. It tends to give off a strange odor but will also numb you to the pain of balance issues.
What you bring to the table
• Burning desire to succeed despite adversity, lag, clicking your skills (please for the love of Nyarlathotep don’t do this)
• RPing in a varying and stimulating manner on various occasions where it is obviously inappropriate. Possible not even legal. We generally ask that our enemies RP as loot.
• An open mind understanding that with changes to the stats, game and meta we will need to revamp our comp from time to time. GW2 is not a grind based game (thankfully) so this isn’t as bad as other games.
• Be willing to show up to at least one WvW raid per week (Hopefully you’ll enjoy this mode so much you will never log out for fear of missing out on the sincere enjoyment).
• Knowledge of your class, skills, combo fields and understanding the powerful synergy available in this game (or at least willing to learn).
• Be active. I cannot stress this enough. You can always join the Discord if you just like us for the social aspects. I expect people in the game to be involved.
• Ridiculous amounts of humor. I take PVP and WvW seriously yet we are complete goofballs. We like to have a good time.
• Wait, I'm gluten free now. kitten. Okay, give someone else the toast.
1. Harassment of other members will not be tolerated.
2. This is an inclusive guild (I'm a family man myself and I identify as part of the LGBTQIA community.)
3. Please be active! This includes either text based chat or voice.
4. If you want something specific done in game be willing to lead it yourself.
5. Enjoy yourself.
Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.