Hiding Footwear

Maugrim.9367

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:"No shoes" seems like a luxury to me. No hat|gloves|shoulders doesn't.

People go without hats. People hardly wear shoulder gear, especially outside the 1970s-80s. Not everyone wears gloves after May. So I'd expect those items to have toggles. In contrast, except in narrow situations (certain hippies, at certain homes or temples, and a few outliers), nearly everyone walks around with footwear of some sort. (And I say this as someone who spent the better part of 3 years walking barefoot everywhere I could.)

But, this isn't Earth, and there are more races than just human. The workaround they presented is absurd at best.

• Like 1

@Maugrim.9367 said:I would like to know why they chose to make the foot armor unhideble. It seems like a strange choice compaired to the other armortypes.

You can always go and grind out invisible shoes... It's something a lot have asked for since day 1 of this game, mostly in line with Charr, Asura and Sylvari characters but after 4 years or so, you're able to farm invisible shoes. That's the solution. Good luck :lol:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Maugrim.9367 said:I would like to know why they chose to make the foot armor unhideble. It seems like a strange choice compaired to the other armortypes.

You can always go and grind out invisible shoes... It's something a lot have asked for since day 1 of this game, mostly in line with Charr, Asura and Sylvari characters but after 4 years or so, you're able to farm invisible shoes. That's the solution. Good luck :lol:

Better solution is just take off your footwear.You lose some stats, but many cases you're okay with the loss. Like open world PvE or if you're aiming to just show off for looks... nothing can harm you while you're in cities/lobbies/guildhalls/aerodomes/basements.

@Ayumi A Spender.5172 said:

@"Maugrim.9367" said:I would like to know why they chose to make the foot armor unhideble. It seems like a strange choice compaired to the other armortypes.

Better solution is just take off your footwear.You lose some stats, but many cases you're okay with the loss. Like open world PvE or if you're aiming to just show off for looks... nothing can harm you while you're in cities/lobbies/guildhalls/aerodomes/basements.

Well that's an option too...

Personally I don't think it's worth it, it should have been an option from the start of the game instead of 2,500g invisible shoes.k8ARPCC.jpg?1

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I would totaly appreciate this, because even after years of doing the DS-meta, and killing 100 oover 100 of mushrooms i never dropped a box. And 2k+ just for naked foot, nah~.

Another stupid implementation from anet in my eyes, but DS seem to needed a thing so people actually farm the meta, like the infusions for chack and DE ...