I've lost the broken Caladbolg

Shin.1940

Hello everyone,I am currently doing the achievements to reforge the broken Caladbolg.

Now unfortunately I seem to have misplaced the thing, probably destroyed by mistake.

Wiki says I should be able to get it from Miyani next to the Mystic Forge in Lion’s Arch, for 10 Elonian wines, but I don't find the dialogue option to retrieve it.

Is it because I haven't talked about this to Ridhais previously?

Is there any way I can retrieve it now, or the only option is to do the story with another character?

Thank you.

@"Shin.1940" said:Hello everytone,I am currently doing the achievements to reforge the broken Caladbolg.

Now unfortunately I seem to have misplaced the thing, probably destroyed by mistake.

Wiki says I should be able to get it from Miyani next to the Mystic Forge in Lion’s Arch, for 10 Elonian wines, but I don't find the dialogue option to retrieve it.

Is it because I haven't talked about this to Ridhais previously?

Is there any way I can retrieve it now, or the only option is to do the story with another character?

Thank you.

You should be able to complete it on your current character.

The character who finished the story has to open the mail from Warden Leide, then visit the memorial to Trahearne, then visit with Leide. Then speak with Ridhais. She'll set you upon your journey, at which point, Miyani can replace the broken sword for you (if needed).

It's all covered in the walkthrough on the wiki. And on the wiki's page about the broken sword.

Trading 10 Bottles of Elonian Wine with Miyani. This can only be done if you no longer have the original sword and have talked with Ridhais.

Yes I have already done all that.I have also collected all the things around the world, unlocked the achievements and got the Orb of Natural Essence and Spiritwood Scion.

The thing is that meanwhile I lost the sword and I can't seem to get it back

I forgot to explain that I have already completed the achievements and got the two things (Orb of Natural Essence and Spiritwood Scion). At this point of the story there is no dialogue option about the mystic forge with Ridhais or about Caladbolg with Miyani ...

Are you actually blocked from progressing by not having the sword, or have you just noticed you’ve no longer got it? It’s a while since I’ve done it but if I remember correctly Ridhais takes the sword off you when you start the collections (at the point where you can recover the sword from Miyani if you’d lost it) and gives it back after you complete the final instance. If you’re not blocked, keep going and I think you should get given it back.

@Shin.1940 said:Yes I have already done all that.I have also collected all the things around the world, unlocked the achievements and got the Orb of Natural Essence and Spiritwood Scion.

The thing is that meanwhile I lost the sword and I can't seem to get it back

If nothing else works, you can always write a ticket and try your luck. Support is quite helpful when it comes to deletes by accident. On the other hand, it is not very nice of you to keep vital information as a secret. That does not make anything easier.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I too lost the broken Caladbolg. I have long discarded letter from Warden Leide. Now I can't find Warden Leide only regular wardens at the Grove. Miyani gave no option for 10 Elonian wines. And Ridhais is not at home instance. Yes I am on toon who compeleted HOT. I just want to make the Knight of the Throns title but couldn't get it started

9 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

Hi, I too lost the broken Caladbolg. I have long discarded letter from Warden Leide. Now I can't find Warden Leide only regular wardens at the Grove. Miyani gave no option for 10 Elonian wines. And Ridhais is not at home instance. Yes I am on toon who compeleted HOT. I just want to make the Knight of the Throns title but couldn't get it started

For Warden Leide, are you looking along the right side wall almost immediately after entering The Grove from Caledon? He is there even for my account that hasn't done any of the HoT story.

As for Ridhais, I'm not sure that NPC would be there until after you speak to Leide. and the wiki says you need to speak to her before having the option to trade the wine for a replacement Broken Caladbolg.