Any Special Tournaments in sight? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Any Special Tournaments in sight?

Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

The two special tournaments we had (2v2 and ToL) were one of the few highlists in recent PvP, seeing a (short-lived but fun) revival of the PvP playerbase and beating the participation of monthlies by far and also bringing some veterans back that hadn't really committed to a tournament for a long while.

I think I read somewhere that intended schedule for this was to occur every 3-4 months. Even though this wasn't an official promise, it was presented as a rough guideline. Now the last special tournament (ToL) was in early February, pretty much exactly 4 months ago. Is there any other one planned for the near future? I think in the absence of other serious improvements for PvP it would be universally welcomed.

Oh, and PLEASE don't say it will be "post swiss"...

Falásya / Caissech

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
When exactly do you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone"
The Smiths about Balance and PvP changes

Tagged:

Comments

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019

Just need another 9 players to join me in tournament and we're good to go 😂

Oh you didnt mean that sort of special.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• bluri.2653bluri.2653 Member ✭✭✭

Post swiss

www.twitch.tv/sindrener - Rank 55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression

• witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bluri.2653 said:
    Post swiss

Fancy way of saying "never"

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

@witcher.3197 said:

@bluri.2653 said:
    Post swiss

Fancy way of saying "never"

soon™

Falásya / Caissech

And all my hope is gone"

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    At the very least, we need to reduce the instances of being unable to queue or join tournaments before we run another special tournament. But, yes, we are often thinking of special event tournaments returning.

Tbh that should be done and dusted even before the new season starts, since it artificially depresses the already small playerbase further and leads to bad matches. I didn't have the issue in the concluding days of last season, but still didn't feel like playing since the game quality was that bad (partly due to the bug).

Falásya / Caissech

And all my hope is gone"

• once ESL quitted from this game it was the end of competetive pvp tournamets to be honest .. :pensive:
    bring back ESL tournies !

• AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭

At the very least, we need to reduce the instances of being unable to queue or join tournaments before we run another special tournament. But, yes, we are often thinking of special event tournaments returning.

Thinking of it returning or actually planning a return?

~ God Tier Guardian

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2019

@LegendPlayer.2418 said:
    once ESL quitted from this game it was the end of competetive pvp tournamets to be honest .. :pensive:
    bring back ESL tournies !

Its wasnt there desision to stop esl tournys. The ESL droped them. There will never be another esl tourny again.

• @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:

It's always been the plan to run more special tournaments.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Senior Game Designer

• AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:

It's always been the plan to run more special tournaments.

Thanks for the Sunday morning response my dude.

~ God Tier Guardian

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.