Dear Anet before you listen to all the haters about the ranger please read. I will keep it short.

silentsiren.4879

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"yusayu.3629" said:Not every class is supposed to be usable for all parts of WvW. If you aren't accepted in Zergs, go roam abuse what's op about the class.You are wrong and your statement is false. All classes should have a build which allows them to contribute to squads. That’s the motto of this game “play what you want” I did not come here to play the disgusting trinity present in other games.

Sure, but please tell me how the ranger is in any way suffering due to an imbalance.

People get kicked on ranger in blobs because they play selfish builds and do not play with skill which results in killing their own allies with reflects.

When your class can absolutely nuke the hell out of your own front line by playing badly, and is by far the easiest class in the game to play attracting a lot of subpar players to the format, the stigma ends up being about risk management and not about the class being weak or bad.

Only before the ranger CDI was the class laughed out of content. It's been competitive since. It's arguably been rejected because it's too strong of a stat-stick that gets your own group killed.

As someone who's co-commanded in T1 on a glass thief per request by the server leader for being a monster at engage/blob fights on said thief, even back when it was populated, here's some advice: Pug up with a group, and prove your worth. If you win fights and make some disgustingly good plays, you WILL be noticed. I've done so on thief and ranger and reaper when it was "bad" and almost everything obsure I've played, and if you're really good at the class, you'll be left alone/encouraged to tag along when people see you deep in the enemy backline shredding through its damage dealers and pulling frontline aggression. With the people I've run with, it's known and understood I bring way more value to any group playing thief, reaper, or soulbeast than anything meta for blobs, because the level of play there is high enough where it's a net gain, and I also bring and utilize support where applicable.

If you stand back and spam 1 and 2 camping longbow and don't pay attention to reflects, push calls, low HP allies, or offer any kind of group support, it's got nothing to do with your class. You're just not a good team player, and playing a ranger at a low level makes this easier to do, which a lot of people get trapped in doing, because the class is so easy to play.

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:·······All that looks good on the movies but movies are movies and are not real with real life situations.As i said ranger right now should have an opportunity to build for any type of content Anet throw at us, being raids, pve, pvp or wvw. And it's the job of the developers to make clear those opportunities are there so those "commanders" you say you have to prove yourself know that there is the chance that ranger can be useful

Otherwise why waste an squad spot? Better to keep the rangers afking at the garrison while accompanying the cows back to the castle.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Simi Monster.1682" said:I am a Ranger and I play WvW, I even play in a zerg. But my commander uses me in a different capacity as most. We have Rangers that are scouts and roamers. I am used at the garrison, where I am in charge of supply shipments, shrine taking and overall look out for the northern end of the map. and guess what it works great. I am not the best player but my Commander has worked around that by using my strentgh's to an advantage. I use the same build in Wvw that I do in open world. Yes I am a little squishy but I do not mind. It would be nice if the dev's would redo the long bow stats. A ranger witht he right stats, ruins and equipment could be one hell of a sniper

Any profession can be used to do what your being asked of you. However the majority of Ranger complaints is that we are relegated or shunted out of the main Zerg Squad. The majority of commanders literally state that rangers do not have the biggest and best DPS, nor do we bring a dozen boons to share or pump out every second to last throughout an entire battle. So we're told that we can "Run besides the zerg", and/or "roam". But being part and parcel of the zerg we're usually kicked, or given limited time in the zerg until a "better class" comes along that they make room for...which means you get kicked out. After playing ranger nearly 13 years non stop in Guildwars 1 and 2.....This mentality has not changed in the least.