Does the cele chrono exist in wvw?

Mighty Favazz.1546

Hey guys,I am pretty much dedicated to wvw and would like to pick up and dust off my mesmer again. Not much for one-shot builds and i like to keep a good balance. I've dressed my mes up in cele gear and prefer to run with staff and shield. I prefer small skirmish mixed with some ppt.Currently running with Insp, chaos and chono lines and I do ok, but I've never had a great feel for the trait lines.Can you offer up the trait lines that you feel complement this gear best?Much appreciated

• Like 1

Hey!

Cele chrono sounds funny. Nowadays when people run hybrid mesmer, it's most likely mirage.But chrono is the master spec anyway.

Maybe start from here and figure it yourself by trial and error.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7ancfClphtpB2oBEgilcjquVj1dtMAStWz8CulJA-jVSHQBC4CAIvDCwSVekr9HaiSsFp+TdUCeTdDA4JAEA4A48zz8mHc+5nf+5nXxHf8xXf91Xf91LFwqLrA-w

Build focusing on heavy cc and adding tons of debuffs on every interrupt. Imo lacks some personal boon duration, but your boon application is pretty frequent.Giving up on inspiration feels sad (because improved signets are just op) but that's something you might need to do if you want viable celestial build.

• Like 1

No Cele Chrono builds that happens to be the strongest that I have seen as of yet, but it probably works just fine for either solo or group play so long as you pick utilities and traits to help friends in group; high mobility and burst is the way of the solo roamer. I would probably opt for Illusions instead of inspiration most of the time either way, having access to versatile shatters seems super important to me, along with the flexible build choices that support a few different playstyles.

Try it long enough and you will figure out some way to make it really work though I am sure. Good luck!

Thanks everyone!I've played around with the build. I think the dueling line helped. I went to pickup the perplexity runes but oh man they've changed. Didn't they use to add confusion on interupt?Using adventure for now. Been better of late.I know cele is not great but I prefer more sustain and I've always romanticized about power staff.Thanks again for your inputs.

Yeah, they used to have passive confusion application on struck. Still the runes have flat +50% confusion duration and -10% dmg from confused enemies, which stacks with -10% dmg food and protection.

However, you could try to use bit more grieving gear and pick up renegade runes, then change quickness on shatter into lost time. This way your interrupts add 6 SEC SLOW each time. I have managed to chain up to 20 secs slow. Also lost time doesn't scale so well with power dmg but with ferocity instead.