Unstoppable Union

Zagerus.8675

If it were up to me, I'll say let Ranger keep their unblockable, but we gut their damage from everywhere else.

Soulbeasts really do an absurd amount of damage through a combination of boons, pure weapon damage, their pets and also various buffs, and the ability to fullstack Vulnerability all on their own.

Something has to be done to make them less oppressive, and if one side isn't gonna be nerfed, in this case Ranger damage in general, other stuff has to be hit, like Sic'em and Unblockables.

Thing here is, Sic'em and Unblockable nerfs will make Ranger less facerolly, but overall damage nerfs to everything else will actually hurt the Ranger's performance.

Skilled players won't be affected by this as much as a straight up nerf to damage or even worse, nerf to Swoop or Moa stance, which I guarantee will totally cause their performance to tank.

Then anet might as well nerf the mechanics to mesmur's mirror blade cause that gives an insane amount of dmg along with 3 stacks of vulnerability per hit. Thats a stack of 12 vulnerability vs like 10 stacks from rapid fire less someone was to run marksman which id like to think that bout 1/3rd to half do. So why dont we whine, cry and complain bout how op one shot mesmurs are and nerf that as well. "oh we're all bout balance here so soulbeast has to be nerfed" nerfing certain classes that are performing well or above should be kept and buff the ones that are under performing. Core ranger does not need to be equal to soulbeast or druid that totally defys the logic of having a better elite spec. That doesn't mean that core builds are worthless, they'll just be out performed by the higher specs. But still doesnt mean that a core build will out dmg or out maneuver a druid or soulbeast if their built right. The main point is that we got players who lack real skill and using a high dmg spec. So what if they are, just proves that their skill can be out done by a good to pro player. So if a player is decent and does understand the basic mechanics of their class ofc they'll do just as much high dmg as the good to pro player. So by nerfing, you bring down the counter plays necessary to make a team succeed or a zerg/havoc group able to do effective counter plays. There are ways to counter a soulbeasts unblockable. Unblockables have cds as much as everything else in gw, just that they get timed more effectively than stealth, shields or blocks. Doesn't take much to use a block specially since its more of a panic button. Stealth can be used two ways offensive or defensive. So why not nerf stealth or shields so rangers can burst more effectively and timely.

Unblock-able Union and Sic'em were only a problem for berzerker and celestial meta builds .Every complaint on this forum were from people running those builds or less .The math had been done to death and the math didn't lie.All they needed to do was put more toughness on .Glass on glass ,the first to strike will probably win.Theirs really no exception to this rule .But by adding toughness to a persons build, a soul beast becomes extremely vulnerable after its burst.This is a reason I never used Sic'em or relied heavily on unstoppable union or ran full glass builds because of the lack of sustainability against tougher armoured opponents .
Anyway the balance change did nothing to effect my play style .In fact it's better with the reduced cool down and increased damage to barrage ,which has become very effective against tightly packed groups.