Need help with an open world build. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Need help with an open world build.

Hi guys,

I want to play as a condi necro in Open World. Someone can give me some hints to choose a nice build?

PS: I have the Viper set.

Comments

  • EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

    I'm assuming you''re level 80 and can select either Scourge or Reaper...
    If you prefer melee builds, go with a condi minion reaper build.
    Like this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Condi_Minion_Master

    If you prefer range builds, go with a condi minion scourge build
    Like this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condi_Minion_Master

    Personally I prefer playing Range and I really like how Scourge plays. My preference and all that...
    Reaper's Shroud skill plays like a regular Shroud in that it replaces your entire action bar but Scourge just adds 5 "sand shade" abilities (Place Shade, Cond Cleanse, Shield, Fear, Go Sand Shroud) and you keep your Weapon and Utility abilities. More buttons to hit, more complicated but instead of locking you into a fixed play style it adds flexibility and you can play your way (melee/range/mixed) and that is awesome.

    My own open world scourge build is this.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnM0At1gd1AO9Cs3glgBLaAEAiA63196gl6K8F+VA-e
    Its a bit weak on the single target damage but it does big AOE. It generates a lot of life force allowing me to use my sand abilities almost at will.

  • ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

    Sure thing. Now i on the other hand will assume you're core nec. So here's a few hints to get you started real nice:

    • blood bond (blood magic adept trait) is a huge sustain tool on condi necro - basically a 2nd healing skill on 20s cd with passive activation
    • Spite can also provide nice sustain + might generation. Signets of suffering + signet of vampirism and locust heal tons of hp.
    • Curses are an obvious must, but don't be blind to power side of things! Viper crit chance sucks, but with furious demise + target the weak your shroud life blasts are no joke.
    • Soul Reaping is awesome for viper gear users. Death Perception to make life blast do hard power damage, dhuumfire if you want bit extra condi damage, foot in the grave for anti-cc. Fear of death will provide you with nice and fast life force generation from shroud 3 and staff 5, not to mention extending these fears to 2s. Soul marks for further life force generation.
    • Death Magic - great for minion builds, synergizes nicely with blood magic (minion lifesteal, can heal minions with transfusion). Also provides nice protection uptime for nearly no investment (beyond the veil). If you need to pump damage, death nova is great (and aoe weakness when you detonate a bone minion). Other then that corrupter's fervor can net you you over 500 tougness when shrouded due to all free tougness in this traitline.

    Tbh there is a lot of ways to build a condi necro, more then power i believe, which makes sense given necro is the master of conditions by design. Condi necros mostly suffer from low damage rampup and low sustain. Above i given you hints for sustain issues:)

    As for damage - plaguelands is absolutely great, epidemic makes mob clears a breeze. Blood is Power is nice for might but also very very long lasting bleed stacks on enemy - great for epidemic bounces. But most of all i would say, that unless you're going heavily into poison, don't underestimate your torment. Traited scepter 3 + tainted shackcles + plaguelands + epidemic, can put a lot of it and it is by far your strongest condi. Just keep them walking (be it with fear or kiting) and it'll quickly do massive damage.

  • Methuselah.4376Methuselah.4376 Member ✭✭✭

    If you're running Reaper, you can use the raid build listed on Snow Crows for open world; makes short work of everything and takes advantage of the necro's inherent tankiness.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Methuselah.4376 said:
    If you're running Reaper, you can use the raid build listed on Snow Crows for open world; makes short work of everything and takes advantage of the necro's inherent tankiness.

    I'd switch out soul eater for decimate defenses. Better for solo play, since the healing is gone

  • Methuselah.4376Methuselah.4376 Member ✭✭✭

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Methuselah.4376 said:
    If you're running Reaper, you can use the raid build listed on Snow Crows for open world; makes short work of everything and takes advantage of the necro's inherent tankiness.

    I'd switch out soul eater for decimate defenses. Better for solo play, since the healing is gone

    The healing is still there outside of shroud and it can be helpful. I personally will take the flat damage increase over DD but that's a personal preference.

  • Kuulpb.5412Kuulpb.5412 Member ✭✭✭

    @Methuselah.4376 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Methuselah.4376 said:
    If you're running Reaper, you can use the raid build listed on Snow Crows for open world; makes short work of everything and takes advantage of the necro's inherent tankiness.

    I'd switch out soul eater for decimate defenses. Better for solo play, since the healing is gone

    The healing is still there outside of shroud and it can be helpful. I personally will take the flat damage increase over DD but that's a personal preference.

    The healing has no effect on conditions anyway,

  • whoeverxwins.1279whoeverxwins.1279 Member ✭✭✭

    metabattle.com has good open world builds. I run Power Minion Reaper, but there is a Condition build as well that is good. I didn't care for Scourge as much, too much placing Shades that seemed to disappear quickly. Either Reaper build is strong and deals well with trash mobs easily. Die, you scummy pocket raptors. DIE! Bwahaha.

  • Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭

    @EmmetOtter.8542 said:
    I'm assuming you''re level 80 and can select either Scourge or Reaper...
    If you prefer melee builds, go with a condi minion reaper build.
    Like this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Condi_Minion_Master

    If you prefer range builds, go with a condi minion scourge build
    Like this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condi_Minion_Master

    Personally I prefer playing Range and I really like how Scourge plays. My preference and all that...
    Reaper's Shroud skill plays like a regular Shroud in that it replaces your entire action bar but Scourge just adds 5 "sand shade" abilities (Place Shade, Cond Cleanse, Shield, Fear, Go Sand Shroud) and you keep your Weapon and Utility abilities. More buttons to hit, more complicated but instead of locking you into a fixed play style it adds flexibility and you can play your way (melee/range/mixed) and that is awesome.

    My own open world scourge build is this.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnM0At1gd1AO9Cs3glgBLaAEAiA63196gl6K8F+VA-e
    Its a bit weak on the single target damage but it does big AOE. It generates a lot of life force allowing me to use my sand abilities almost at will.

    I think all the links are broken.

  • Kaladel.1670Kaladel.1670 Member ✭✭

    @Mil.3562 said:
    I think all the links are broken.

    Copy/Paste them, the forum has had this problem for a while.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.