Is there any real way to tell when items in the Gem Store will return?

Aside from the patch notes, is there any real way to tell if Arenanet will add back certain mount skins, weapon skins, and the such? I'm super desperate for the Shimmerwing and missed my chance to get it a few weeks back and I feel really stupid, but I also didn't have the Skyscale around that time but now I have it. The mount pack is leaving the stores soon, so what are they gonna add AFTER this? Will there be a patch note about it before it leaves? Or do I really have to wait another year to get it?

;; i hope this goes here I apologize if not

The only items with predictable availability are festival ones. For example we know Wintersday themed items will be sold in December (although they can appear at other times of the year too). Other than that there doesn't appear to be a pattern for it. I think this is intentional, because it gives players another incentive to log in and check the gem store regularly, instead of knowing they can safely forget about it for a month or two because there won't be anything they want.

The good news is it will come back sooner or later. We can't know when, but there's only a tiny number of items which could still be used but have been permanently removed from the gem store, and those are things like the Boxing Gloves which don't really fit with their current design. They're highly unlikely to stop selling a 2k mount skin, although it will probably only ever be available for short periods of time.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Based on their individual histories, similar mount skins have returned to the Gem Store 2 to 4 months after their initial release period.I didn't really notice that pattern. But that's helpful to have in mind.

@Danikat.8537 said:The only items with predictable availability are festival ones. For example we know Wintersday themed items will be sold in December (although they can appear at other times of the year too). Other than that there doesn't appear to be a pattern for it. I think this is intentional, because it gives players another incentive to log in and check the gem store regularly, instead of knowing they can safely forget about it for a month or two because there won't be anything they want.

The good news is it will come back sooner or later. We can't know when, but there's only a tiny number of items which could still be used but have been permanently removed from the gem store, and those are things like the Boxing Gloves which don't really fit with their current design. They're highly unlikely to stop selling a 2k mount skin, although it will probably only ever be available for short periods of time.

Yeahh I get that, The festive ones are the more obvious ones, That does make a lot more sense though about why they'd update the Gem Store like they do. I guess that means I'll hold onto my gems a little longer then. I highly doubt that myself.

Thank you both for the answers. I appreciate that!

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:PS keep an eye on this thread:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales#latest

One of the forum regulars updates it daily with changes to list of gem shop promotions (i.e. what's new to 'new' or 'discounted or 'returning').

I read it quite often. o: I was just seeing if there was other methods of knowing, but thank you for that tip! ^^

@Aharex.9528 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:PS keep an eye on this thread:

One of the forum regulars updates it daily with changes to list of gem shop promotions (i.e. what's new to 'new' or 'discounted or 'returning').

I read it quite often. o: I was just seeing if there was other methods of knowing, but thank you for that tip! ^^

Cool; I'm glad you've seen it :)(I figured better to repeat info you already knew than skip it if you didn't.)