Just returning to GW2 after a while. I hate my Mantras now.

Noel Vheurdrakkhein.3096

Honestly, this feels like such a nitpick when I think about it.
When I was playing my Firebrand a year or so ago, I actually used primarily mantras on my hotbar (I don't care about the so-called 'Meta'. I use skills that I like). I liked my character reciting a chant. I LIKED how I had to charge it up and prepare it ahead of time. I liked the ammunition method of how the final charge was a powered up version.

But now? Now, mantras feel... unimpactful. They feel so incredibly bland and boring to me now. And half the time I can't even tell if I've used them. Far less animation, nowhere near as pretty.. character's not reciting voice lines. Like.. what? Did they just abruptly trash several skill icons, animations and voice lines  in favor of something far more boring? Where did those go? I'm sad.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I didn't like having to recharge them every time I switched maps, or having to make the same build for underwater just so that they wouldn't get removed when I went swimming, or having to wait until I restarted them before I could jump back into a fight.  If I only used one it wouldn't have been so bad, but I really like mantras so I greatly prefer it this way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It's sad that the animations and sound effects basically ended in trash. I understand QoL is important, but there was something awesome about going all out when pushing that last charge of mantra. Also we could have kept some voice lines as random when activating mantra charges.

What is my biggest problem with mantras right now is... they used to stand out more, were easy to differentiate by glance. Now the icons are icon similar to each other. If you do a QoL change, maybe do it so it doesn't improve one bit and make other bit worse 😞

On 8/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, Noel Vheurdrakkhein.3096 said:

But now? Now, mantras feel... unimpactful. They feel so incredibly bland and boring to me now. And half the time I can't even tell if I've used them. Far less animation, nowhere near as pretty.. character's not reciting voice lines.

The animation and voice lines played only when you were charging them. 

The effects for using them are the same as they were before.

???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...