Why can't we queue ranked with more than 1 other person

Jibz.2094

20 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

There is everything stopping people.

1/ Time schedule

2/ Random are still random, even if you pick them before
3/ SoloQ was always more pledged than TeamQ
4/ Team Arena were removed from GW1 when Random Arena still exist.
5/ Twitch and streaming are mainly solo activity
6/ Join and Drop Mentality

Aside from maybe #1, I fail to see how any of those things stop a player from finding like-minded people to play with. You realize you are playing an MMO, right? Basic social skills can prove useful.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

There is everything stopping people.

1/ Time schedule

2/ Random are still random, even if you pick them before
3/ SoloQ was always more pledged than TeamQ
4/ Team Arena were removed from GW1 when Random Arena still exist.
5/ Twitch and streaming are mainly solo activity
6/ Join and Drop Mentality

All of this stops me from playing AT. See what i did there

• Confused 1

Ranked should be a 5 man team and nothing else. Solo players can have Unranked. The only reason bots, toxic players, afk players and such are able to exist is because of solo/duo queue. Thanks to this system, you are forced to take these people on your team. Without the system, they would be avoided and/or quickly blocked and never make it into a match.

It is kind of like how ESO has an issue with their dungeon queue system where fake tanks and healers wind up in your group just cause they wanted a faster queue. You didn't pick them, but now you're stuck with them unless the group is willing to kick them and wait in queue again and hope they get a real tank or healer.

In all other aspects of this game, we use the lfg tool just fine to form groups to play with, but for some reason people are terrified to use the tool in pvp. Also, stop talking about not enough players for 5v5. You are literally playing 5v5 right now, the only difference being Anet is picking the teams. As for high ranks pairing up with low ranks for a lower team average, that is easily fixed by using the rating of the top person on the team for the entire team's rating.

Now I would expect queues to be crap, but that is because all the bots, trolls, and afk players would be removed from the queue. However, if the issue is a lack of players, the answer isn't to turn your game mode to kitten and give up. Either make improvements to attract more players, or perhaps go with something other than 5v5.

It is absolutely insane that in an MMO, people have to beg to be able to play with their friends in a competitive 5v5 TEAM game mode. The people that are opposed to this, are those that would no longer be able to force themselves onto other's teams for previously stated reasons.

Edit: I love how the confused reaction is used for dislikes here. The bots just can't comprehend I guess. 😆

Edited by Shaogin.2679
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, WUROCKET.5182 said:

You realize you are playing an MMO, right?

You realise MMO is no longer the trending genre for video games, right ?
PvP and E-Sport scene has moved from MMO.

Yougest players know PvP and E-Sport through Moba, BR and Twitch.
They intend to find some standards from a competitive game to another.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Yougest players know PvP and E-Sport through Moba, BR and Twitch.
They intend to find some standards from a competitive game to another.

You realize that is completely irrelevant in this discussion about an MMO right? Also, in other actual PvP games such as FPS games I can play with my friends.

• Thanks 3

Big Facts - And if your going to add solo que then thats fine but dont be upset about a team based game having teams. Apex lets you que teams or solo. You get to choose. 

15 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Ranked should be a 5 man team and nothing else.

Big Facts

The only reason bots, toxic players, afk players and such are able to exist is because of solo/duo queue.

Which creates RNG in something people are ranked on individually. Minimum of 3 people queuing so you can actually force a carry if need be. 

Thanks to this system, you are forced to take these people on your team

Yes they are 

in all other aspects of this game, we use the lfg tool just fine to form groups to play with, but for some reason people are terrified to use the tool in pvp

Because - accountability. 

Without the system, they would be avoided and/or quickly blocked and never make it into a match.

Yes it is. 

It is absolutely insane that in an MMO, people have to beg to be able to play with their friends in a competitive 5v5 TEAM game mode. The people that are opposed to this, are those that would no longer be able to force themselves onto other's teams for previously stated reasons.

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

That's not true right this very second actually MMO's are trending everywhere right now. We are seeing a renaissance period of sorts with the MMO. 

8 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Either make improvements to attract more players, or perhaps go with something other than 5v5.

It is absolutely insane that in an MMO, people have to beg to be able to play with their friends in a competitive 5v5 TEAM game mode.

Improvements are not the problem, problem is the basic design based on Conquest.
Can you name a hot, trending, competitive game, with a huge Twitch community, using "Capture the HillS" as their main game mode ?

It's just a flawed design. They try to mix GvG (from GW1) with Moba while banishing body block and trinity.
Nothing was right from 1st Beta.

What is insane, is trying to build a competitive 5v5 IN an MMO in 2021

And just to add on to my previous statement, just ask yourself, what does Solo Queue add to the game anyways? Faster queue times right? And that is about it. But to achieve those faster queues, the quality of the game mode as a whole is sacrificed and degraded into the crap we are stuck with now.

These Solo Queue players would rather have random kitten low quality matches with low queue times than to have decent, fun, competitive matches. They are so worried about fighting a competent team of players, that they prefer to force those teams to disband and play with random bots just to feel better about their own skill level.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Improvements are not the problem, problem is the basic design based on Conquest.
Can you name a hot, trending, competitive game, with a huge Twitch community, using "Capture the HillS" as their main game mode ?

It's just a flawed design. They try to mix GvG (from GW1) with Moba while banishing body block and trinity.

Again, we're talking about Guild Wars 2 and not other games. Not sure if you got lost on your way here to troll someone else's forums or what. And again, if the game mode sucks for whatever reason, you fix it. You don't just give up on it and leave it in the trash to rot. If you or the Solo Queue players don't like PvP, then you'll have no objections giving the game mode back to the players that do.

Edited by Shaogin.2679

2 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

And just to add on to my previous statement, just ask yourself, what does Solo Queue add to the game anyways? Faster queue times right? And that is about it. But to achieve those faster queues, the quality of the game mode as a whole is sacrificed and degraded into the crap we are stuck with now.

These Solo Queue players would rather have random kitten low quality matches with low queue times than to have decent, fun, competitive matches. They are so worried about fighting a competent team of players, that they prefer to force those teams to disband and play with random bots just to feel better about their own skill level.

Fastest queue times is what the majority of players is looking for.
So many competitive games have failed, because of long queue times.

Lol, Apex, Valorant, Fortnite, Cod, Cs, Dota, etc. don't make you wait.

3 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

They try to mix GvG (from GW1) with Moba while banishing body block and trinity.

Yes they did. And they almost pulled it off too. Had they continued to show love to their community. GW2 was A HIGHLY ANTICPAITED E-SPORT for a while. With a lot of love and support. It was very exciting at the time. Anet tanked it though all on their own through silly decision making. It got pulled because they added RNG to the teams which gave it no real way to be gauged or tracked. Therefore it became silly. It is very similar to a moba with a lot more depth to it actually. As far individual mastery of your hero. Its very clever. They just need to spend the actual time. 

5 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

This and this

Is called inovaiting. 

Also - 

This is false information. 

Here is a link at what we started out with in PvP for GW2. You call that "no interest." Please for your own sake WATCH THE VIDEO. 

1 minute ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Fastest queue times is what the majority of players is looking for.
So many competitive games have failed, because of long queue times.

Lol, Apex, Valorant, Fortnite, Cod, Cs, Dota, etc. don't make you wait.

Hold on, let me check my database, yeah none of those games are Guild Wars 2. Thought so. Also, again, last I checked I can play with my friends in CoD, I suspect the same is true for some of those other games too. Fast queue times don't mean crap when the games suck.

14 minutes ago, Xentera.4560 said:

Premade vs random pugs offers a clear and obvious advantage to the premade.

You have tournaments to queue all you like with your friends.

Amazing how some feel entitled to a setting that offers them an unfair advantage.

Dumbest thing i ever read. I feel entitled to play with my friends on an MMO in a 5v5  competitive game mode yes i really do.

If players are "scared" of an unfair advantage then anet really should get rid of solo queue all together and make it so you can only queue up as a party of 5.  

I can't believe how people actually defend not being able to play consistently as a group in a MMO lol blows my mind.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Jibz.2094 said:

Dumbest thing i ever read. I feel entitled to play with my friends on an MMO in a 5v5  competitive game mode yes i really do.

If players are "scared" of an unfair advantage then anet really should get rid of solo queue all together and make it so you can only queue up as a party of 5.  

I can't believe how people actually defend not being able to play consistently as a group in a MMO lol blows my mind.

No bud, the dumbest thing you ever heard is that you think it’s perfectly alright to play with 5 of your friends that you know, and coordinate attacks and tactics with on a VoIP… etc; against a group of randoms and still call that competitive.

Queue with a party of 5 all you like, just do it against another premade 5 group. At this time you can do that in tournaments.

But hey, I understand how some ppl can never gain rating without an unfair advantage.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Jibz.2094 said:

this would be so fun when your full team has nobody to play against, or when it has but then you stomp/get stomped by the other team twice and realize that's the only team to play against, so the losing team just stops playing and you have nobody to play against.

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xentera.4560 said:

Premade vs random pugs offers a clear and obvious advantage to the premade.

You have tournaments to queue all you like with your friends.

Amazing how some feel entitled to a setting that offers them an unfair advantage.

Shouldn't be premades vs pugs. Just premades. Has nothing to do with being entitled, and everything to do with being able to play an MMO with friends. Also, as I'm sure you knew before posting your insult, AT matches are limited to every 3 hours. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

this would be so fun when your full team has nobody to play against, or when it has but then you stomp/get stomped by the other team twice and realize that's the only team to play against, so the losing team just stops playing and you have nobody to play against.

And yet there are 5v5 teams fighting all day every day in Ranked PvP now. Also, not sure if you've tried them, but AT matches are incredibly fun, but sadly only once every 3 hours. We also have a match making system so, in theory, teams would face other teams of relative skill. And if the PvP player base is too low after removing all the bots, trolls, and afk players from Ranked, then perhaps Anet should look into a PvP game mode other than 5v5 Conquest for Ranked PvP. The current solution of just letting the game mode die and relegated as nothing more than a PvP farm is not the right answer though.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

And yet there are 5v5 teams fighting all day every day in Ranked PvP now. Also, not sure if you've tried them, but AT matches are incredibly fun, but sadly only once every 3 hours. We also have a match making system so, in theory, teams would face other teams of relative skill. And if the PvP player base is too low after removing all the bots, trolls, and afk players from Ranked, then perhaps Anet should look into a PvP game mode other than 5v5 Conquest for Ranked PvP. The current solution of just letting the game mode die and relegated as nothing more than a PvP farm is not the right answer though.

That's one thing i agree, we could have AT every hour.

About having teams of similar skills, match making is already failing to do it picking player by player. Once you reach 1350 and try to play offhours is very likely you have to dodge top 50 duos or you'll face them being the second best player on your team.

I wouldn't mind if we got a team q, if i never get to fight this ppl if I'm play solo, so the team q would be, 2, 3 and 5

they should actually try this, with this low population solo q or team q would die or would be playable at very specific times. Maybe this is even the solution to bring back population.

4 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

That's one thing i agree, we could have AT every hour.

About having teams of similar skills, match making is already failing to do it picking player by player. Once you reach 1350 and try to play offhours is very likely you have to dodge top 50 duos or you'll face them being the second best player on your team.

I wouldn't mind if we got a team q, if i never get to fight this ppl if I'm play solo, so the team q would be, 2, 3 and 5

they should actually try this, with this low population solo q or team q would die or would be playable at very specific times. Maybe this is even the solution to bring back population.

AT, while fun, have set times for a reason. It's an entirely different system than Ranked. If they introduced Team Queue to Ranked, it would only work as a pure 5v5. If you need a group, you can get one just like you do everywhere else in the game, use the lfg tool.

Part of the reason MM is bad is because it can't take team comps into account at all. It doesn't know who is healing, who is side noding, who is roaming, who is going to be a team fighter. So it just picks random people based purely on rank (often having to expand the search) and throws them on a team together.

If it was purely 5v5 Team Queue, you would get together with your team, decide on rolls, devise a basic strategy, maybe get on voice comms, and actually have a decent match and possibly get better at playing as a team. This also gives more opportunities for guild teams to form, and maybe we get a larger pool of more experienced players out of the deal. Not to mention, no more bots, and afk players and trolls will find it increasingly more difficult to find a group to take them. Overall, we're looking at an improvement to the quality of matches, with a possible increase in queue times initially.

2 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

You're making such non sense it's quite incredible actually. How would 5v5 teamQ do any good and improve the matchmaking? Matchmaking isn't some magical thing that will lead you to have a perfectly balanced game because many variables aren't taken into account. It's just an algorithm that does its best to match people of near identical skill level with the variables provided and at a given time.

Even with a (imaginary) perfectly balanced matchmaking you would get some unbalanced matchs there and there like in ANY COMPETITIVE game ever. Playing at Plat1 right now I rarely get one sided games, I do get some sometimes but if you're taking a sample of  like 100 games how many would you say were winnable if you played better, made better decision etc? I'm pretty sure that would be a decent chunk of games. Well I can say it's true for me.

Imo soloque and matchmaking isn't the issue; the issue is the lack of players in spvp because more players means a more accurate matchmaking at any given time.

• Haha 2