Suggestions for future Birthday Gifts.

What do you think Anet could add, return to or change to upcoming Birthday Gifts? 

Some things I’m suggesting 

1) return to handing out the old type birthday dye packs or give a single birthday dye pack with brand new dyes that is completely opened by one char. 

2) Birthday Mount skins: this can be one that’s stretched over several years and each year you get to choose one. Example:  Mounts with a birthday cake on their head 

3) I really liked the birthday infusion. I would love to have one that looks like the old Guild Wars Divine Halo with its golden droplets that streamed out behind you as you ran. 

4) if full armor sets are too much then backpacks are a good alternative. 

• Like 3

I thought it was going to be a cape...with the Guild Wars 2 logo, like so many Anniversary items have.

Dye Packs would have been good; I still don't have all unlocked from previous Dye Packs.

A new Mini would have been better than ...sigh...Spirit Shards.

A hat..

Another Infusion...

A Wardrobe Unlock would have been great...

Even 10 Gold would be appreciated...

...just about anything other than 20 Spirit Shards.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

A birthday party outfit.

A... birthday suit?  🤣

I totally agree, incidentally.  I figured on a cape, myself, or an outfit.  Though I really like the halo idea - it should drip sprinkles! - or a birthday cake recipe, which would at least allow lower level characters to level up.  I'm dreaming now, but I'd love to see the birthday gun thing turned into a novelty.  Doesn't have to be forced, it could be a trade-in thing, like town clothes tonics.

Edited by Lyssia.4637

Loosely in order of appeal: 

- Dyes with tasty names and cool colors!

- Snarky titles about how long the characters been around (Over the Hill, Still Alive, Crumbling, Ye olde title) ... you get the gist. Pay someone with more snark for better snark.

- Weapon Skins based on popular weapons (slight recolors, darker/lighter themes)

- subtle visual effects (perhaps tied to an amulet or back item?) (halo? cake sprinkles? a little floating hourglass? the sands of time slipping away?)

• Haha 1

I think it's tricky.

Anything they give out that exists already (Outfits, Mount skins, Dyes) is going to, at some point, be unusable because the person will have unlocked all of the items in the selection. Some already experience this with dyes and while I don't think it's a serious problem I do think those who have, say, purchased every mount in a collection would be irked to find the birthday gift gave them the choice of a mount they already have. Wardrobe unlocks also of fall into this category but have the major upside of having their item selection continually expanded upon.

On the other hand creating new items each year is a tall order, especially for something that is gated behind playing for literal years. The Birthday Backpacks worked quite well because they were rather simple and also able to stretch out over 5 years - and letting us choose helped immensely in each person being rewarded with the ones they liked most. I could definitely see custom birthday mount skins working similarly where we pick which mount we want the skin for each year.

As for things I would like?

I'd find most value in selections of frequently used/gathered items. Basically containers of containers~ For example, some birthdays gives a handful (1-5) of "Currency Selection Box" (or some such) that lets us choose between more specific boxes.

ie:

- Festival Currency Selection Boxes (Bauble Bubbles, Candy Corn Cobs, Snow Diamonds, etc.)

- Map Currency Selection Boxes (Airship parts, Geodes, Unbound Magic, etc.)

- Living World Currency Box (Blood Rubies, Petrified Wood, Difluorite Crystals, etc.)

- Black Lion Chest Box (Weapon Scraps, Miniature Tickets, Statuettes)

- Dungeon Currency Boxes

- etc. etc. etc.

- And lastly, a few gold for those who want none of the above.

Edited by Glacial.9516
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1