How do you play mesmer in open world?

EpicName.4523

6 hours ago, Noodle Ant.1605 said:

you say i take your point out of context, but i was only meant to comment on how you mentioned that it takes time for mesmer to setup its burst, which it doesnt really in an open world sense, and i gave you reasons why it doesnt

there is no need to bring raid and fractal metas into discussion as they poorly represent an open world environment. fractals having trash mobs have no relation to open world usage, as fractal guides are far more focused on killing bosses rather than series of trash mobs (skipping them instead if possible)

again, we need to remind ourselves that OP set the bar really low by mentioning ele - whose power builds probably struggle the most in open world. this makes it rather clear that it is a familiarity issue, rather than a general class issue

actually you decribe waiting for f1 each time near as I can tell which is a delay, you mention spawning 0-3 clones. Spawning clones takes setup which does take at least some time. Some other classes can literally just hit weapon skill 2 or 4 and kill the same things over and over without needing to wait for something like Mind Wrack.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

actually you decribe waiting for f1 each time near as I can tell which is a delay, you mention spawning 0-3 clones. Spawning clones takes setup which does take at least some time. Some other classes can literally just hit weapon skill 2 or 4 and kill the same things over and over without needing to wait for something like Mind Wrack.

Like every other class in the game Mesmer has weapon and utility skills. There is more than mind wrack.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_mesmer_skills

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

and i wrote that it shouldnt take that long to generate at least 1 clone? unless all related skills are on cd, which other classes also have (in one form or another). coincidentally, each weapon has a clone skill lower than the cd of mind wrack (which is only 12s)… the clone can be instantly blown it up as soon as it spawns, adding a brick of damage to just ‘one’ skill animation

if someone doesnt like the idea of pressing 1-2 more buttons, then maybe they should consider playing another class. as for waiting, you do realise a class like necro has to build up life force somewhere to get into shroud right? many of the other classes also have to setup their damage (or whatever), and id say only needing just 1 clone is a steal

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Shatters may be instant, but they are not actually instant. Sure, the shatters on you are instant, but they are only 25% of the effect. 75% of the effect relies on clone building abilities, majority of which have cast times. Then after you shatter, clones need to run to their target, execute their animation, then the 100% effect is achieved.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The whole idea of mesmer is pressing buttons while you press other buttons. They have access to 4 instant cast abilities right off the bat with their shatters. If one does not like pressing buttons within buttons InceptionMesmer is not the class for you, which is okay.

Rest assured though, Mesmer will always feel like pressing loads of buttons within buttons that are on top of more buttons. It is designed that way.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1