Anyone else hoping Shield skills will be changed for the new elite spec?

Calen.8945

IMO Engineer has the worst shield skills of any class. The other classes can do what the Engineer can but better, while also fitting within the class theme. Now seeing as Engineer will be getting another one-handed weapon for his elite spec I'm really hoping Anet takes the time to update the shield. They changed to sword 3 skill for Virtuoso, so we know that anet are willing to do such things.

Seeing as I doubt Engineer will be getting any new core weapons... ever, this is the best way to add some variety to his off-hand weapons.

• Confused 3

Shield is perhaps the Engineer's best weapon right now in PvP ironically. Doesn't have much in the way of offense of course, but its skillset, especially Static Shield often makes enemies frown and is a good setup for punishment while remaining defensive, the lack of internal cooldown means that you can potentially strip stability and defiance bars off of fast-attackers in a flash.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MrForz.1953 said:

Shield is perhaps the Engineer's best weapon right now in PvP ironically. Doesn't have much in the way of offense of course, but its skillset, especially Static Shield often makes enemies frown and is a good setup for punishment while remaining defensive, the lack of internal cooldown means that you can potentially strip stability and defiance bars off of fast-attackers in a flash.

It's also solid in PvE if you need CC against an enemy that attacks frequently. I run it on my scrapper healer and the CC works really well for some enemies.

I think Shield is fine where it is. It's doing well in what you expect it to do as a defensive Weapon.

I much rather want them to take a look at both our Main and Offhand Pistol skills.

Both are kinda Outdated by a lot...

And dont forget my Turrets!

24 minutes ago, Cekay.2614 said:

I think Shield is fine where it is. It's doing well in what you expect it to do as a defensive Weapon.

I much rather want them to take a look at both our Main and Offhand Pistol skills.

Both are kinda Outdated by a lot...

And dont forget my Turrets!

Still don't get why our pistol auto attack is dealing AoE damage, but just the power part of it (which is TINY), but not dealing the bleed stacks in AoE....

It made sense when we had the pistol piercing trait, since it prevented us from stacking unreal amounts of bleed on large groups. But this trait is gone for so many years already, PLEASE, let pistol apply the bleed in AoE.