Communication Question

Hi,

I'm typing this up because CS said it was the best thing to do in order to get Anet or at least GW2 Forum staff to see and give feedback. Plus I'm curious to see how this goes.

GW2 has a issue with communicating with its players- A lot of the bugs or things they disable/do is primarily posted on twitter, but not so much on the forums (outside of patch notes) which leads to threads of bug issues being longer or more misinformed than they need to.  I also find some of the ticket subjects that is listed on the website; the CS cannot help with and they direct the players here; I believe some of those ticket issue subjects should be changed or there should be a message notice on the ticket page to let players know beforehand.  A few years ago (more than two) The forums use to have staff members make messages or acknowledge the issues more frequent even if it was a copy paste message and from there; the other players would link those messages to anyone who didn't know. Sometimes it would even be a known bug issues pinned mega thread.

It could be a un-staffing issue  going on right now; but I do feel that there is a disconnect with the communication to players when they are having problems or GW2 posting tweets on twitter but not as much here. I do see the dev tracker and I do see some of the replies from the staff, but again, there would be a lot less disgruntled players if there was some message or announcement (outside of patch notes and fixes) regarding the issues...that is not a twitter post.

I'm not expecting anyone to agree with my thoughts; some player might think this current way is the best ever. I am however, posting this because A. CS swears this is the best method and B. whatever the outcome- it'll show in a thread...that hopefully it will not be deleted. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I’d potentially add this to the QoL thread as that is noted as a place the devs etc do look. I see comments like ‘CS told me to post here’ and it always sounds like a cop out and that they don’t know what to do or tell you. Like ‘go shout into the void, maybe that will make you feel better’

On your topic, I am all for greater clarity in updates and changes to the game.  A reliable and consistent method of receiving information. 

Some info I have might be outdated, but afaik CS is not a part of Arenanet. Arenanet is the developer of the game and is owned by ncsoft who is the distributor. NCsoft is responsible for CS. So they fall under separate management. Personally I think that CS and Anet should have a direct line, but I also understand this is no longer the case or not of the same quality as when there was a support liaison called Gaile Gray (before when she was the community liaison).

This forum is the most obvious place to get in touch with arenanet (although they hardly react, they always said they do read it and I do feel they take it seriously). 

As for information about server outage, Twitter has always been the speediest way to gain info.

GW2 forums are a community driven platform. Feel free to share whatever info you find outside this forum (unless it is not allowed like data mined info)

The CS Team is a part of ArenaNet and does work in the studio.

There aren't any position open at the moment, but here is part of the requirements from a past opening. 

• Ability to deal with high stress situations and manage irate customers.
  • Scheduling flexibility including nights, weekends and holiday hours.
  • Ability to work with diverse groups, including those who speak English as a second language.
  • This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington.
  • A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
  • ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
  •  
  • As for posting on Twitter rather than the forums, it's pretty easy to check Twitter with the link right here on each page of the forums. 
  • I'm not sure ArenaNet considers the forums any more an official site than their official Twitter site, or News Blog site, or any other 'Official Guild Wars 2' site. 
  • Regardless, almost everything makes it to the forums from someone posting it, anyway. 
  •  
Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
no idea why there are bullet points on everything...lol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Spicebounty.1475 said:

GW2 has a issue with communicating with its players- A lot of the bugs or things they disable/do is primarily posted on twitter, but not so much on the forums (outside of patch notes) which leads to threads of bug issues being longer or more misinformed than they need to. 

If you ever watch a livestream you'll see the devs say the best place for feedback is the forums. Posting stuff on Twitter but not the forums seems... inconsistent.