30 FPS / DX11

Today the game randomly locks me in 30 fps for some reason , going from 100 to insta 30 lock feels rly bad i did not had this problem befor from 21 to now i had 100 to 50(in pve) and it was rly stable but today for some reason at random the game drops and locks to 30 fps anyone else have this problem ??? (sry for the bad end)  🙂

If Vsync does not hold at 60fps for long enough then next stop is 30fps. When this happens try to look at sky (less objects angle) and spin your camera like mad to see if it removes 30fps lock. 

I had this problem with gw2 and d912pxy bcs it hates vsync and never did bode well together on my specific system. However 30fps lock is universal thing.

Unlike other games 30fps lock is high likely to occur in gw2 in my experiences.

Edited by fatihso.7258

Triple buffered vsync does not lock to 30 fps, that's the whole point of the triple buffer. Nevertheless the frame times will still jump from 16 to 33 and back to 16 all the time, so you get stuttering.

In 2021 the next investment for any PC gamer, that does not already have one, should be an adaptive sync monitor with low frame rate compensation (LFC). That's a huge quality of life improvement.

Edited by KrHome.1920

7 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Triple buffered vsync does not lock to 30 fps, that's the whole point of the triple buffer.

From what I recall on subreddit discussion in past, gw2 had quite the problems with triple buffering and some claimed it's not even supported and some argued that game is more like double buffering. And that's the 30fps lock I assume.

In this case having a high performance computer will mostly cover up the problem rather than company solving the problem at the core.

Edited by fatihso.7258

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 6:13 AM, fatihso.7258 said:

In this case having a high performance computer will mostly cover up the problem rather than company solving the problem at the core.

An i7 8700k paired with a RTX 3070 should be high end enough. This answer is just pointless. It is a problem with triple buffering and ArenaNet should easily fix this.

Sometimes triple buffering is working, sometimes it just fails and locks to 60 or 30 FPS randomly, not really tied to the system performance. Classical bug, not present with DX9, even DX11 runs a lot faster, this should be fixed asap.

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 1