Bleed builds

Stalima.5490

2 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

After posting something in another thread I was just thinking, does anyone at all have a build that can actually utilize bleeding heavily on an engineer?

Naturally I ask because of the huge bleeding focus in the firearms trait line.

Even tho u reach 100% bleeding dur and so on, you cannot reach "big" bleeding damage. 

Yesterday in t4 Molten boss. 45.9% came from burning, 13,2% from bleeding, 10% from confusion and 9% from poison. The rest was strike damage. Total dps was 28.3k. 

Tho the bleeding also Highly depends on luck. 

Why? 33% bleed Chance on crit. 33% bleed Chance on Explosion hit. And only ur grenade kit skill 2 and auto attack is doing bleed besides of the Chance traits. 

Thats my opinion at least.

2 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Even tho u reach 100% bleeding dur and so on, you cannot reach "big" bleeding damage. 

Yesterday in t4 Molten boss. 45.9% came from burning, 13,2% from bleeding, 10% from confusion and 9% from poison. The rest was strike damage. Total dps was 28.3k. 

Tho the bleeding also Highly depends on luck. 

Why? 33% bleed Chance on crit. 33% bleed Chance on Explosion hit. And only ur grenade kit skill 2 and auto attack is doing bleed besides of the Chance traits. 

Thats my opinion at least.

I'll agree with you that Burning is far more potent than Bleed in terms of raw damage potential, but.. you do put out some decent bleeding stacks. If you've built at all for DPS, then your crit chance is going to be pushing 90%+, and you throw out three grenades every time you use a skill from the Grenade Kit.

28 minutes ago, Kusumura.8642 said:

I'll agree with you that Burning is far more potent than Bleed in terms of raw damage potential, but.. you do put out some decent bleeding stacks. If you've built at all for DPS, then your crit chance is going to be pushing 90%+, and you throw out three grenades every time you use a skill from the Grenade Kit.

Hmm idk. Just grenade kit 2 and 5 do any condis. the others r not worth using because the bleeding chance is 33% so theoretically 1 grenade out of 3 will hit. thats 1 stack bleeding for 12 sec. Pistol auto attack does 16 sec. So that would be more effective imo.

Also as condi dps the crit chance wont be 90%+. Going to look how much i have with the fractal potion now...without the pot its 37%, adding the 10% from condi spec its 47%. In fractals i get pushed from 37% to 49% by the pot. So 59% without fury. Means 79%..lets say 80% crit chance.

However bleeding damage in general is pretty low imo for the fact that we have traits supporting it so much. Maybe the trait "Serrated Steel" should do 1 bonus effect instead just the 33% bleed duration. Or even the trait "Hematic Focus" that gives 10% crit chance against bleeding enemies could get a bonus effect. For example guardians "Radiant Power" gains 10% crit chance against burning enemies AND 150 ferocity. Bleeding damage increasement could be nice on one of the 2 traits. Or inflicting 2 seconds bleeding when you do XX.

Imo bleeding damage feels really low on condi holo

Edited by SeTect.5918

Seems like firearms being so heavily focused on bleeding is just a relic. Updates to the trait line have shifted it more and more towards burning as our primary condition damage source, at least in the major traits, with stuff like incendiary powder and thermal vision.

But hey, we will see our new elite spec soon and it hopefully will be a condition damage focused elite spec, so maybe our bleeding application gets some cool new additions there?

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Seems like firearms being so heavily focused on bleeding is just a relic. Updates to the trait line have shifted it more and more towards burning as our primary condition damage source, at least in the major traits, with stuff like incendiary powder and thermal vision.

But hey, we will see our new elite spec soon and it hopefully will be a condition damage focused elite spec, so maybe our bleeding appliation gets some cool new additions there?

I hope to too. Well burning would also be really nice because its so bursty. and hopefully lasting longer than 1 second *coff coff* photon blitz *coff coff*
Maybe we will get something that buffs bleeding damage on its own or sth like that, because we already have giant bleeding and burning duration increases by firearms. we also got 150 expertise. so +10% duration on all condis and 43% on burning and bleeding. If we dont get a poison focused one its most likely that we will get at least 1 trait that increases overall condi dmg or at least one of the condis we have like burning and bleeding.
Or just throw tons of condis on our skills yeeeey 😄

It isn't specifically a bleed build, Its called Condition Holosmith, and takes advantage of the bleeding traits to make Bleeding the second most damaging condi of the entire build.

Taking one of my encounters with Dark AI (A condi based boss) Burning makes 53% of the total damage, seconded by Bleeding wiht 17%.

Condi Holosmith focuses on maxing Condition Damage, a full viper set and the right traits grants you 100% burning duration, but doesn't go beyond 70% on bleeding, poison or confusion. Equipping things to increase bleed duration (Like Krait runes) isn't possible without reducing the damage outpot of every other condi you apply.

58 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

It isn't specifically a bleed build, Its called Condition Holosmith, and takes advantage of the bleeding traits to make Bleeding the second most damaging condi of the entire build.

Taking one of my encounters with Dark AI (A condi based boss) Burning makes 53% of the total damage, seconded by Bleeding wiht 17%.

Condi Holosmith focuses on maxing Condition Damage, a full viper set and the right traits grants you 100% burning duration, but doesn't go beyond 70% on bleeding, poison or confusion. Equipping things to increase bleed duration (Like Krait runes) isn't possible without reducing the damage outpot of every other condi you apply.

It goes 100% on bleeding. Its the same duration as burn damage unless you use balthasar runes which are not the best dps runes for Condi holo. You get 33% bleeding duration by a trait named "Serrated Steel". Just the poison and confusion duration (and torment but we dont have any) doesnt go for 100%. Even with full vipers u ll get at least 80% bleeding duration if u r using balthasar runes.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAoqOAK4PAA-zRJYmRDPA-e Its slightly over 85% bleeding duration without any runes, sigils, food or infusions. with nightmare runes or elementalist runes (+ food) or renegade runes (+ food) you ll reach 100% for both burning and bleeding.

But i get the other points u said. Condi holo has too low bleeding output to make it viable, because going for lets say sinister and krait runes will decrease overall dps by far. bc burning is just dealing faaaar more damage than bleeding on condi holo. So i agree basically. Just wanted to correct u in that bleeding duration thing 😄

Edited by SeTect.5918

1 hour ago, SeTect.5918 said:

It goes 100% on bleeding. Its the same duration as burn damage unless you use balthasar runes which are not the best dps runes for Condi holo. You get 33% bleeding duration by a trait named "Serrated Steel". Just the poison and confusion duration (and torment but we dont have any) doesnt go for 100%. Even with full vipers u ll get at least 80% bleeding duration if u r using balthasar runes.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAoqOAK4PAA-zRJYmRDPA-e Its slightly over 85% bleeding duration without any runes, sigils, food or infusions. with nightmare runes or elementalist runes (+ food) or renegade runes (+ food) you ll reach 100% for both burning and bleeding.

But i get the other points u said. Condi holo has too low bleeding output to make it viable, because going for lets say sinister and krait runes will decrease overall dps by far. bc burning is just dealing faaaar more damage than bleeding on condi holo. So i agree basically. Just wanted to correct u in that bleeding duration thing 😄

You're right, I forgot about Serrated Steel. It would be 100% burning and bleeding and 67%ish on every other condition.

• Like 1