Some information I have found on Hardy Conduit

Esorono.1039

Despite the fact that protection at base says a 67% decrease in damage, and that taking the minor trait in Tempest says it is 61% when you get protection, it does actually increase your protection from testing it. So I tested on a rolling devil.

Base highest was 1,300

For protection:

Tempest's highest was 714

Non-Tempest's highest was 883

I figured people would like to know about these results, I figure these tooltips will be in a bit of chaos for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Protection doesn't say it's a 67% decrease.

A number of damage reductions are now instead how much damage is left instead of how much it is reduced by. 

Hence the 67%, 100-33=67

It's not particularly intuitive to me (and most people I've talked to have misunderstood the new tooltips).

The real headscratcher is why hardy days 61 instead of 60

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Protection doesn't say it's a 67% decrease.

A number of damage reductions are now instead how much damage is left instead of how much it is reduced by. 

Hence the 67%, 100-33=67

It's not particularly intuitive to me (and most people I've talked to have misunderstood the new tooltips).

The real headscratcher is why hardy days 61 instead of 60

I agree about the descriptions potentially being unclear.  I understood it, but I've done a lot of maths 🙂

The 61 is more straightforward than one might think, actually.

Protection gives 33% damage reduction.  One might think this is shorthand for 1/3 (so 33.33333% etc), but I don't think it is.  It is what it says.

So 33% x 1.2 = 39.6%.  If they round downwards (standard for int() type operations), one gets 39% reduction, which leaves 61% damage remaining.

4 hours ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

I agree about the descriptions potentially being unclear.  I understood it, but I've done a lot of maths 🙂

As did I but when an overwhelming majority of people one talks to misunderstands it, it's imo a very poor tooltip

4 hours ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

The 61 is more straightforward than one might think, actually.

Protection gives 33% damage reduction.  One might think this is shorthand for 1/3 (so 33.33333% etc), but I don't think it is.  It is what it says.

So 33% x 1.2 = 39.6%.  If they round downwards (standard for int() type operations), one gets 39% reduction, which leaves 61% damage remaining.

What confuses me is that the previous tooltip said 40%, not 39%, if it's been changed to now only give 39% or 39.6% then it should've had a patch note. (Tbh a clarification would've been nice even if the old value was already this and it's just a tooltip change in this case)

• Like 2