Untamed: Loss of Callback on F3 makes pets worse

Draeyon.4392

Even with the added control over pet cooldowns.
The sheer fact that I cant call back my pet to me adds so much more frustration and uselessness to the pets. (skill clicking is not viable for competitive game modes).
There were a few times my moa, bear and jacaranda were next to enemy players instead of me as I was casting support pet skills.

So yeah, loss of Callback keybind hurts and pet ai is even worse off for it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Draeyon.4392 said:

Even with the added control over pet cooldowns.
The sheer fact that I cant call back my pet to me adds so much more frustration and uselessness to the pets. (skill clicking is not viable for competitive game modes).
There were a few times my moa, bear and jacaranda were next to enemy players instead of me as I was casting support pet skills.

So yeah, loss of Callback keybind hurts and pet ai is even worse off for it.

I don't know if it is a solution, but summon your othet pet will bring it by your side before it start to attack (from what you are attacking). It means you need plan what to use for pet and which pet skill, you also need to de-target or stop attackning before you summon your pet as it will otherwise go to target (shadowstep).

There are ways to get around the issue that you can not use a button to tell pet to attack or to stop attacking and return to you, just you don't have the same control as before.

• Confused 1

I knew that was going to be an issue the moment I saw CMC showing the spec. From the begining, the pet is already quite unruly. Removing the few things that allow the ranger to have some form of control on the AI was bound to make thing worse. I know the spec offer some control on the various pet skills but why did it have to be at the cost of the the basic control over the AI?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I knew that was going to be an issue the moment I saw CMC showing the spec. From the begining, the pet is already quite unruly. Removing the few things that allow the ranger to have some form of control on the AI was bound to make thing worse. I know the spec offer some control on the various pet skills but why did it have to be at the cost of the the basic control over the AI?

on the bright side, Pet fans got their RP Specc, so we can now wait 4 years and get a Actual specc we all knew a pet focused specc will suck.. im sure mech will also by launch xD They never work out. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

on the bright side, Pet fans got their RP Specc, so we can now wait 4 years and get a Actual specc we all knew a pet focused specc will suck.. im sure mech will also by launch xD They never work out. 

I don't think a "pet spec" can't be competitive if done right, unfortunately it's not done right.

The devs cling to the regular pets like leech on a rotten piece of flesh. Is it really that hard to disable those pet for a single e-spec and instead put other pets with less versatility but more "adapted" to the game? I'm not a developper, so I don't know, but It seem to be at the level of creating a simple filter.

Can't the dev create "Gyro" like pets that fire 900-1200 range lazer/projectiles with little damage just to trigger the on hit effect, apply conditions that we give to the pet? It shouldn't be that hard to design such AA.

Can't the dev do what they did in GW with the mercenary and allow us to define skill priority for our pets? (Forbiden, automatic on CD, manual: 3 simple fonctions can be down to 2 by removing "manual" and avoid "heavy UI")

The mechanist can share it's signets effects with it's mech, is it impossible for a pet to have a "signet" like skill with whose passive he can share with it's master?

I mean, can we just have an e-spec where the pet support it's master instead of wandering around and being unruly, is to much to ask?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I don't think a "pet spec" can't be competitive if done right, unfortunately it's not done right.

The devs cling to the regular pets like leech on a rotten piece of flesh. Is it really that hard to disable those pet for a single e-spec and instead put other pets with less versatility but more "adapted" to the game? I'm not a developper, so I don't know, but It seem to be at the level of creating a simple filter.

Can't the dev create "Gyro" like pets that fire 900-1200 range lazer/projectiles with little damage just to trigger the on hit effect, apply conditions that we give to the pet? It shouldn't be that hard to design such AA.

Can't the dev do what they did in GW with the mercenary and allow us to define skill priority for our pets? (Forbiden, automatic on CD, manual: 3 simple fonctions can be down to 2 by removing "manual" and avoid "heavy UI")

The mechanist can share it's signets effects with it's mech, is it impossible for a pet to have a "signet" like skill with whose passive he can share with it's master?

I mean, can we just have an e-spec where the pet support it's master instead of wandering around and being unruly, is to much to ask?

oh they can defintly be right.. the issue is Pet AI Needs reworking to make that possible... until anet do that.. anything pet related is RP Specc./

36 / 41 Pets are bugged.. Remember that. and white tigers confirmed to share the buggy animations of its aniaml family.. so theres another to already add to the lost.

Edited by Daddy.8125

28 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

oh they can defintly be right.. the issue is Pet AI Needs reworking to make that possible... until anet do that.. anything pet related is RP Specc./

36 / 41 Pets are bugged.. Remember that. and white tigers confirmed to share the buggy animations of its aniaml family.. so theres another to already add to the lost.

Well, white tiger will be a feline, the phoenix look like to be based on the Vivern (which isn't promising)... What's left? A kirin which will be based on the gazelle? A crane modeled based on the Moa? A panda based on the bear archetype? Just imagining it I lose all motivation...

Edited by Dadnir.5038

33 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well, white tiger will be a feline, the phoenix look like to be based on the Vivern (which isn't promising)... What's left? A kirin which will be based on the gazelle? A crane modeled based on the Moa? A panda based on the bear archetype? Just imagining it I lose all motivation...

Guild wars 2 Pet AI Doesnt work.

I'd of prefered this specc (if it was gonna be a Pet based specc) to have the pet as a Utility factor and the damage primarily from the Ranger.

I mean it can defintly be done.

Bear - Provides Barrier and Aegis. --> Ranger only effect. Increase Base HP.

Feline - Provides Superspeed and Fury --> Ranger only Effect Makes 1 strike Strike Twice (15 second ICD)

Gazelle - Provides Stability and CC --> Ranger only effect Stuns last 20% Longer.

the list coulda gone on. where Pets bring Utility to the ranger and do alittle damage.. to make the AI Less of a problem overall.

Instead we got a Unleashed mechanic, which Does no damage as Pets use none of their base abilities While in Unleashed. and on the ranger only affects the hammer.. outside of that its Just a flat 15% Damage boost at the cost of survivability. over the course of a fight it prolly isnt even equal to Soulbeast using Sick'em as a Damage modifier which costs 0 Survivability.

To go deeper into the issue.

the hammers CC and Damaging abilites share CD, it actually takes a DPS Loss for Using CC Abilities. again another thing no other Proffession deals with. because Most proffessions use utility abilities or a Weapon Swap for CC which has no effect on their core rotations outside of the CC Window.

U CC the monster down. you then break the bar. and now u have No Use for the hammer anyway..

So basically it doesnt act at all like a second bar, and it didnt need this limitation. its not strong enough to require this much restraint.

Fix the kitten pet AI Before introducing 2 pet themed god kitten Elite Speccs. Crucifying elites on a Expansion launch isnt the way to make GW2 Relevant if anything you've put one step forward in just absolutely Murdering the expansions hype. Pets are cool sure. I like pets and no shape or form agaisnt Proffessions having them as main Mechanics.

the problem is this games recycles the continous Buggy AI and Problems assossiated with pet groups with no intention of attempting to fix the core problems while releasing new things based on it just to absorb all those issues once again and murder the capability of the New thing.

this could have easily been a good thing. but its let down by the same problem. all we can hope is as pvP Rangers use the pet anyway (Core ranger being better then soulbeast) that they get it functioning as a PvP Specc for rangers.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1