Scepter 1 + well of gloom

Lynx.9058

anyone noticed that when you use well of gloom (the healing ability) and then use scepter 1, the attack is significantly different than using it with any other well or when not in a well?

It does a much more rapid attack with a different projectile animation, and seems to grant the target regeneration as well as the usual barrier.  None of this is listed in tooltips though, and I can't find any traits or ability descriptions that pertain to this change. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Isn't that just the stealth-attack going off because you presumably run the Shadow Arts trait that gives you stealth when you pop your heal?

The stealth doesn't show up in the tool-tip for the skill when you have the trait, but it happens.

That’s exactly the reason lol. The OP is probably new to Thief. 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Isn't that just the stealth-attack going off because you presumably run the Shadow Arts trait that gives you stealth when you pop your heal?

The stealth doesn't show up in the tool-tip for the skill when you have the trait, but it happens.

I can see that getting by someone with how different the Well and scepter feels, especially if they have auto-attack enabled, which is set by default on Beta.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 9:31 AM, AikijinX.6258 said:

That’s exactly the reason lol. The OP is probably new to Thief. 😊

Yea we figured that out lol.  Apparently the default build on beta specter had a talent that put you in stealth when you used a healing skill, just didn't realize that's what was happening.

Still didn't see any tooltip change when the stealth was active though, which is probably a bug, and I don't think there's a tooltip for the stealth attack chain either.

Edited by Lynx.9058