Why did Anet kill off WvW with the 9/11/21 patch?

The AFKers haven't been hit by the changes because they now run bot programs flipping camps and sentries.

If anet really want to discourage the hardcore AFKers they need to do something about the bots.

While the bots are normally easy to kill as they use fixed rotations against players but they are becoming so common they are starting to occur in clusters.

The participation changes make very little difference to the AFKers but do make a difference to active players, particularly those who respond to defence calls. There are plenty of time when you arrive and tag several enemies but the ones you tagged are the ones who manage to get away when the enemy breaks to run, or you arrive half a second too late to tag someone, or (as happened several times to me) you build a treb inside the gate, take down the rams causing the enemy to run because your cows drained the last of their supply but because you failed you kill an enemy character you haven't reset participation to anything meaningful so while you are repairing the gate after the event your participation is falling because defending and repairing doesn't give participation.

And before anyone argues that I'm wrong - I'm in WvW every day, everyone who plays at my usual time(s) knows who I am and knows that I am a very active player and that since I gave up smoking 10 years ago the only time I afk are for bio breaks or to grab a drink.

• Like 2