GW2 Fishing!!! Yay!

6 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

MY post is about fishing. You on the other hand replied to something alternative to fishing as better choice.

I responded to YOUR post and YOU've started that whataboutism in the first place, whichever way it went in first.

"fishing is bad because i want uw combat!" -but wait, it's just you, since uw combat is bad and a lot of people don't want it. All your responses are just effort at saying "I like this one more, so obviously the other thing is bad". So I guess it works both ways and fishing is perfect, because uw combat is bad. Aye?

So ill repeat the question, Fishing is better then...?
Its simple question, yes or no.

I don't know what you're on about, since I've already answered in the previous post, you've even included it in the quote lol.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I responded to YOUR post and YOU've started that whataboutism in the first place, whichever way it went in first.

"fishing is bad because i want uw combat!" -but wait, it's just you, since uw combat is bad and a lot of people don't want it. All your responses are just effort at saying "I like this one more, so obviously the other thing is bad". So I guess it works both ways and fishing is perfect, because uw combat is bad. Aye?

I don't know what you're on about, since I've already answered in the previous post, you've even included it in the quote lol.

No worries i have reread and tried to understand
Your answer is YES because its NEW.

Another question, have YOU read the whole thread?
I mentioned there about also the reason why UW and masteries will be a potential NEW modes and maps for other modes aside from PvE

• Confused 3

@Sobx.1758

"fishing is bad because i want uw combat!" -but wait, it's just you, since uw combat is bad and a lot of people don't want it. All your responses are just effort at saying "I like this one more, so obviously the other thing is bad". So I guess it works both ways and fishing is perfect, because uw combat is bad. Aye?

On 11/24/2021 at 11:58 AM, Norbe.7630 said:

HoT gave us gliding/masteries

PoF gave us mounts/masteries

EoD ..... fishing/masteries

Anet blessed WvW with gliding and a mount.

Give me one good freaking reason on how to integrate fishing in WvW.

An underwater mastery should have given hope to the ever continuous bleeding playerbase mode by making them think of a possibly new mode or map.

Are you not entertained.... Are you not entertained?

Here.
Its not whataboutism anymore but sameaboutism.
Because its new.... aye?
🙄

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Confused 2

On 11/24/2021 at 1:07 AM, lokh.2695 said:

Iirc Fishing got the same screen time as skiffs, the turtle and Legendaries f.e. in the original teaser/trailer. So I think it's fair to say that, while no one is probably buying EoD to fish 24/7, at least for ANet it seems to be one of the main features of this expansion. It's just a rather underwhelming one imho.

I don't understand what it changes about what I wrote in my previous post though. Why shouldn't it get screen time? It's still a new activity. It's still part of the expansion.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:07 AM, lokh.2695 said:

Ok, so it's a more engaging form of gathering, cool we get to time our f-pressing now and maybe press another button every now and then. Tell me, does the mini-game look to you like it's going to be fun six months after its release? We already have quite a few mini-games that don't get much traffic outside of dailies.

And what would be "fun" six months after its release? Everything you'll use in the game for 6 months will get normalized and feel like it's just another part of the game, maybe even always has been (even if in reality it wasn't).

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

No worries i have reread and tried to understand
Your answer is YES because its NEW.

My answer is "YES", but not entirely "just because it's new". "at the very least it's new" is what makes it better even if you, personally, don't like it.

Another question, have YOU read the whole thread?
I mentioned there about also the reason why UW and masteries will be a potential NEW modes and maps for other modes aside from PvE

Good question! Yes, I did read the whole thread 😄

Is turtle available in other modes than pve? No? So I guess it's bad? Are open world maps available in other modes than pve? No? So... Hopefully you get the point.

UW masteries don't exactly matter when the UW combat itself is bad.

15 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

Here.
Its not whataboutism anymore but sameaboutism.
Because its new.... aye?
🙄

Fail to see any relevance here. Following your own logic: HoT? Gliding. We didn't have gliding before, new, cool. PoF? Mounts. We didn't have gliding before, new cool. UW combat......... we do have UW combat now, still not new, so what point are you trying to make here? "masteries for UW combat make it new"? Well, we're getting regular combat masteires with each expansion/LW season, so I guess we keep getting new land combat system all the time or something🤔

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2