dragons slash boost change

Lighter.5631

while being disappointed by the note, bladesworn needs at least 5 times the size of curren note to be semi playable.

i got some idea for boost change, instead of keeping the awkward movement skill which send you flying, stuck in walls, or completely miss everything, which is probably why anet decreased speed by 40% to reduce velocity to prevent flying and wall stucking.

i suggest making it a ground targeted teleport skill and keeping the same distance, you teleport to the place you selected and perform a circle aoe slash around self. also increase damage by 25% to enemy with 25% and less HP.

i think this would make the skill less clunky and less bad...like before even without flying, wall stuck, this skill is already very clunky to use..with 40% speed decrease it's gonna be more awkward, 

while slower speed will prevent wall stucking, but also add problems like rush has...and it's gonna look weird AF....like it was already kinda slow..but now with 40% decrease?..imagine doing Dragonslash with rush like speed....

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2

The ground target idea is nice but

Sadly it won't be enough, if the damage sucks anyways on the other dragon triggers, which they didn't even imply that it was gonna get changed for this beta anyways. And even if the dragon triggers finally do damage? Random aegis/blinds/evade spam, UNTIL they make dragon triggers MULTI-HIT (Like TOTAL damage into 4 hits at least instead of 1 big hit). The triggers can't be 1 single hit it HAS to be multi-hit if they're not going to one shot even at "decent" damage.

But again, WE DIDN'T ASK FOR EVADE SPAM or CHEESE INSTANT CAST like other classes did, ANET do something kitten.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

5 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

this is a nerf and an unncessary one. after I read the nerf notes, I gave up on anet. the dev team is really incompetent.

The notes for majority of classes were significantly positive changes, even bladesworn. People may be upset that Anet won’t completely rework specs, but that’s pretty unreasonable imo. Very few of the specs have mechanics that are prohibitive, despite the extremely reactionary takes of most forum commenters claiming otherwise. 
Is the movement speed a nerf to dragon trigger? Yes. Is it the only viable change to prevent getting wall stuck or flying into the air? Possibly. In which case I think the change is an acceptable one. I personally do not think a teleport would be better, as I prefer the line-of-effect of the dash, and warrior has a lot of critical synergy with movement skills. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Is the movement speed a nerf to dragon trigger? Yes. Is it the only viable change to prevent getting wall stuck or flying into the air? Possibly. In which case I think the change is an acceptable one.

Sorry mate what?

Are you saying that it's acceptable?

Dude it's their job to fix the broken infrastucture of the game, it's not acceptable to dumb down beautiful designs just beacuse they don't care to fix the core game. Warrior suffers that for far too long and this isn't even the first case! the broken leap physics plagued pvp for a long time and nobody seemed to care! 

Can we start reacting to these things properly please? Reading the patch notes, Anet was soooo darn relaxed about it, they didn't even care to say "hey as soon as we fix our broken thing we'll undo the nerf. "

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

Sorry mate what?

Are you saying that it's acceptable?

Dude it's their job to fix the broken infrastucture of the game, it's not acceptable to dumb down beautiful designs just beacuse they don't care to fix the core game. Warrior suffers that for far too long and this isn't even the first case! the broken leap physics plagued pvp for a long time and nobody seemed to care! 

Can we start reacting to these things properly please? Reading the patch notes, Anet was soooo darn relaxed about it, they didn't even care to say "hey as soon as we fix our broken thing we'll undo the nerf. "

I said if there is no other way to change it (implying it’s because of the physics of the game engine, though I admittedly know nothing about this), than it would be acceptable. I’d rather have a slower skill than get stuck in a wall 1 in 5 times I use it. In my feedback after the beta I am almost certainly going to include the velocity needs to be returned to what it once was or it needs an evade frame, but I can’t say I have any definitive reaction without playing it. 
The more egregious one is, imo, breakstep, which didn’t suffer from the same bugs but was slowed all the same. Again, there’s way this change could be not terrible (for example, if it no longer has a precast or aftercast). However, once again, I’m not really too concerned about anything because I haven’t had the opportunity to play it and form an opinion.

Bladesworn was already in a decent spot and doesn't need much at all, mostly quality of life. Not saying it was "viable" but it wasn't too far from current spellbreaker. If DS boost was a teleport then it would be way clunkier to use because of no port spots and terrain bugs. Being able to dodge in it at the cost of losing your charge progress would be a good tradeoff. I would like it to be ground targeted like whirlwind instead for more versatility which would solve a lot of the awkwardness.

• Confused 1