Amazon US GW2 Path of Fire expansion cannot be added to cart (or bought)

SMFX.3841

If you use the link from the link from the Big Sale page for the GW2: PoF for Amazon US, the page tells you to pick an option from the left to add it to the cart, but there is no option to the left and the "Add to Cart" button is disabled until something is picked.

I reached out to Amazon support and their response is "close your cache and try again."  I spun up 3 new VMs in 3 different US regions and they all get the same issue.  The follow up is "well, Black Friday is really busy. Try back in again in half an hour." 

Still waiting for the moment, but right now, this makes your sale really hard to participate in.

• Like 1

It is available in other country Amazon though, so the high traffic of shopping may actually be legit. Who knows though. And I saw the digital delux was available as well. I haven't had issues with the gems page though.

ETA: I was able to put it in my cart earlier Friday evening, maybe 4-7pm ish EST. So it WAS available.

Edited by Baelabog.5104
  • Like 1

Wow, didn't really expect Amazon US running out of codes after one day during a six week sale. Looks like they don't have a live-activation system in place for Anet/NCsoft codes after all. :classic_blink:

However they will probably get new codes at some point. Out of curiosity I was occasionally looking at the stores of the small European resellers to see how they hold up and once the Czech store ran out of gem codes it took them something like an hour to offer the discount again. One would expect that Amazon US will get new codes on Monday/Tuesday at latest, if it requires some form of manual interaction with Anet.

Btw, if you only upgrade your main account (old core, HoT only or F2P) to PoF, consider buying the deluxe edition. The goodies are actually quite nice compared to the other deluxe editions. Especially if you don't own any lounge passes yet.

If you are only looking for secondary accounts, it's probably a bit expensive unless you want to actively play it from time to time.

• Like 4

Same problem, last night and all of today... Will they even acknowledge/fix it or is the sale "over" for all intents and purposes?

I even contacted their support but they basically just said it's Amazon's problem. Seems like ANet would make it THEIR problem if their game can't be bought... They must be losing out on a lot of potential sales.

Oh well, guess I'll wait for the next sale. I've got plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Edited by WelkinDust.8764

4 hours ago, WelkinDust.8764 said:

Same problem, last night and all of today... Will they even acknowledge/fix it or is the sale "over" for all intents and purposes?

I even contacted their support but they basically just said it's Amazon's problem. Seems like ANet would make it THEIR problem if their game can't be bought... They must be losing out on a lot of potential sales.

Oh well, guess I'll wait for the next sale. I've got plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

I'm guessing the issue will get fixed before New Year's Day. 

Would be lovely to get an official response from Anet in regards to which date is correct for the promo ending. Would hate to miss it because we're stuck waiting on Amazon to get more keys.

I did a chat with Amazon yesterday and the rep said they'd have it available before the promo ends but also didn't know when the promo ended or when it would actually be available again. So, take Amazons response with a grain of salt at best.

I wish they would have just done the promo through themselves and not through amazon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Menion.1254 said:

Trying to get a couple of friends into the game but Amazon (Which is the ONLY US retailer) has been sold out since Friday. Any idea when they will restock? Or should I try to buy from a foreign retailer?

https://www.gameliebe.com/spiele-download-online-kaufen-pc-mac/rubriken/angebote-sell-offs-sonderaktionen.html

On Gameliebe.com they have at least PoF standard version for € 15.

Deluxe cost € 50 from € 55.

2000 Gem cost € 20 from € 25.

When adding email to their newsletter on can get a € 5 discount, but must buy for at least € 30.

I don't know how expensive or cheap it would be in USD, but it seem that you will get everything sent by email very fast after you have paid with a Credit or Debit card. The only thing they will need during processing a purchase is an email and payment through normal security systems where one confirm purchase through bank as usual. CS are also possible to use in chat (right side small symbol on the buttom), if there is some kind of problems and they can communicate in English, if your German are a bit rusty

Copied from their site:

Promo-Aktion in Kooperation mit ArenaNet - Nur bis 30.11.2021 9 Uhr morgens (9 am GMT+1)

• - 20% auf Guild Wars 2 Gems
  • - 50% auf Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire 

It is possible to change language to English when making an order and payment methods incl PayPal and International Credit/Debit cards among other.

https://rpgservices.zendesk.com/hc/de/sections/115000791413-Bezahlung

Mit Ihrer Kreditkarte können Sie sicher bei Gameliebe bezahlen. (Verifizierung vorbehalten.) Wir akzeptieren VISA, Mastercard, American Express, JCB und Diners als Zahlungsmittel. Bei Zahlung mit Kreditkarte versenden wir das Produkt sofort, die Abbuchung erfolgt erst danach. Um eine sichere Bezahlung zu garantieren müssen Sie beim Kauf Ihre Kartenprüfnummer (CVC-Code) angeben. Diese können Sie auf der Rückseite Ihrer Kreditkarte finden.