Bought a second GW2 PoF code and redeemed it - did I do something wrong to get a second account?

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Yes, you did.  You will have to contact the CS Team for assistance.

Good luck.

Is there any chance that they can revoke or give a new serial key to replace the one that where used by mistake on an account which already had PoF and EoD unlocked?

As for CS I already contacted them. Have to see how much time before they respond as I suppose there is a lot going on right now with sales and so on.

43 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I had no issue updating a paid account with a Heroic Edition code more than once.

It's probably something the CS Team can take care of; but, lately they haven't been near as accommodating as they used to be. 

How did that go for you when you did that same kind of mistake like I did? Did CS manage to give you a second key or account for the one that had been used?

3 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

How did that go for you when you did that same kind of mistake like I did? Did CS manage to give you a second key or account for the one that had been used?

Was not me and they said they could not fix it for the forum poster so s/he did not get a alt account out of their amazon prime heroic edition code.

I didn't have any issue (or mistake) updating an account with a Heroic Edition, as it just gives the account the items.  Sorry, I was referring to something else.

It is true that the CS Team did not assist someone, recently, that used a Heroic Edition code on their paid account.  I can't remember if they  helped players in the past that used HoT or PoF codes on updated accounts; I think so, but, as I said, the CS Team is not as helpful (no more character restorations, no more free server transfers).

I've found the policy on Heroic Edition use; it does not look good:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013206754-Promotional-Item-Guild-Wars-2-Heroic-Edition

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I didn't have any issue (or mistake) updating an account with a Heroic Edition, as it just gives the account the items.  Sorry, I was referring to something else.

It is true that the CS Team did not assist someone, recently, that used a Heroic Edition code on their paid account.  I can't remember if they  helped players in the past that used HoT or PoF codes on updated accounts; I think so, but, as I said, the CS Team is not as helpful (no more character restorations, no more free server transfers).

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013206754-Promotional-Item-Guild-Wars-2-Heroic-Edition

As far as I read that link it is about free edition upgrade to a payed account and from what I know Heroic Edition where also a promotion code that was given away for free from Amazone so it shouldn't be an economical loss the way a standard edition PoF wil be for me if CS will not let me create another account with PoF.

In my case my account where already a paid account with PoF expansion from before and this was a mistake that shouldn't be possible when one already have unlocked (paid) for PoF once and add a key that is meant for PoF. It seem to be no check for what exist on account from earlier when one use the Redeem to add key on account.

In anyway I have to see what CS will do when they get the information they ask for.

7 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Could it be that the items that come with the HE cannot be retrieved once the code is applied to the account?

In that case, accidentally redeeming a PoF code should only be possible to reverse on an account that already redeemed one in the past,  if the newly used code corresponds to the same edition that was previously unlocked.

37 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Yeah, I don't know why I looked up the Heroic Edition policy.  Lol.  Silly  me.

Like I said, only the CS Team can assist you.  Best of luck! 

Thanks!

I really need that luck now!

Soon it will my birhtday and this was kind of a gift to myself.

Sent all documentation CS have asked to have as for order and serial keys to track down what editions I have had on my account over all those years.

• Like 1

Yeah!   *Dancing happily mad around my VR Christmas tree* 🎄

CS gave me a new code and this time I made sure to logg out of all sites which use the same display and password as my main account.

Now I just have to find out how do I set up my GW2 client to work with two accounts. Any tips of how to avoid messing it up again?

Happy that CS where helpful with something like this! ❤️

Thanks @Inculpatus cedo.9234, @MikeG.6389 and @Linken.6345 for your support on this issue!