Please, just remove the energy mechanic

scerevisiae.1972

Energy is just a pointless mechanic and it feelsbadman not to be able to cast a field at all (and benefit from traits) until well into the fight. Makes catalyst still feel clunky. Besides pointless mechanic, the UI for energy also sucks.

Please just remove energy completely and re-balance as needed so as to remove the clunkiness. I don't want to have to farm yellow mobs for 2min after every respawn. 

I'm stil super disappointed that hammer is essentially yet another melee weapon because I can see how a 600-ranged-based character could work, but hammer just doesn't deliver on that brief cause still too many melee skills, it feels weird.

But by far the crappest thing on Catalyst now is energy and having to pre-farm energy before any encounter. Quite infuriating.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 3:13 PM, scerevisiae.1972 said:

Energy is just a pointless mechanic and it feelsbadman not to be able to cast a field at all (and benefit from traits) until well into the fight. Makes catalyst still feel clunky. Besides pointless mechanic, the UI for energy also sucks.

Please just remove energy completely and re-balance as needed so as to remove the clunkiness. I don't want to have to farm yellow mobs for 2min after every respawn. 

I'm stil super disappointed that hammer is essentially yet another melee weapon because I can see how a 600-ranged-based character could work, but hammer just doesn't deliver on that brief cause still too many melee skills, it feels weird.

But by far the crappest thing on Catalyst now is energy and having to pre-farm energy before any encounter. Quite infuriating.

Silly you don't have to farm outside of combat as long as you don't dodge, try to rev, or participate in any other mechanics outside of striking the enemy...................................................... 

50 minutes ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

I agree. Just make it a 10 sec field that we have to keep casting. Having to cast it every 5 secs is stressing me out because we HAVE to combo it within that window and space AND use the augments in that time window.

The wells have no channel time, so you can start your finisher and cast it mid animation for the field. This is typically how I use them and I can get 2-3 finishers in a field (depending on where I am CD wise).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ClickToKill.8473 said:

I believe the energy bar is there to avoid spamming the skill,

just add a 5sec CD to the F5, done

even if no CD, is it really a big deal that you could potentially have 3 fields up at once? 1.5sec attunement CD prevents you having 4 up, not to mention putting 3 fields down is pretty well balanced by the resource of putting 2-3 attunements on CD

requiring energy just adds clunk and tedium, pls anet just replace with a CD   

• Like 3

The clunky thing is not about energy itself, but the fact you need to hit ennemies in order to regen. Same issue with hammer 4 and 5 in water attunement, which doesnt cleanse or heal enough (zero actually) if you don't hit any foes. 

This concept is ultimate garbage in pvp and wvw, especially in a 1v1 situation where ele is supposed to shine, and annoying in pve when you can't start a fight without previously charging mana. 

Anet can balance the idea of energy without having to delete the mechanic. 

Suggestions :

- Remove every "on hit" mechanics on Catalyst

- Make mana regen by itself like endurance or revenant energy mechanic

- Start at least with 50% or 100% mana

- Rework the no energy generation when jade sphere is up

• Like 1

well, from a game design POV there's no real reason for it to exist now.

Currently it's only purpose is to prevent you from being able to drop multiple fields in quick succession, but this could be easily solved with a CD on the F5. Theoretically it prevents you from being able to drop a field at the beginning of a fight but in practise players can easily get around this by pre-farming energy, so it doesn't really count.

So it's really somewhere between redundant and annoying, and given the kitten UI for it - it should just be nuked from orbit.

A CD on the F5 is arguably a better thing to have as it's functionally independent of the number of things being hit so it's easier to balance around - consider: hectic raid battle where energy is infinite vs 1v1 where energy is very limited. A CD on the F5 normalises these 2 extremes.

Edited by scerevisiae.1972
  • Like 2