There is no purpose to investing Development into new Guild Halls.

Why even take the time to develop Guild Halls when there is NO CONTENT for Guilds to do. It's been years since they've even touched or thought of adding content for Guilds to do. There's only a fraction of the playerbase that even interacts with Guild Decorations (which I'd argure is even less than player interaction with Raids). Please Anet, add Guild Missions or things for Guilds to do. NOT MORE DECORATIONS. Please make Guilds an actual feature that interacts with the playerbase.

Edited by Blackbird.9074
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

• Blackbird.9074 changed the title to There is no purpose to investing Development into new Guild Halls.

Just look at Raids. Anet has come out and said that there is basically no player interaction with the content, so they've stopped focusing on it. It's the same with this. IF they actually put effort into making Guild Missions or things for Guilds to do then I'd support new Guild Halls and such, but they don't. It's a waste. 

Anet also doesn't support the RP community and... really... how much of the playerbase actually decorates their Guild Halls? Guilds literally are a place for harvesting Synths. A lot of the community has several guilds with different tiers of synths just to harvest them. Thats the extent of the community interaction with Guild Halls.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Blackbird.9074 said:

There's only a fraction of the playerbase that even interacts with Guild Decorations (which I'd argure is even less than player interaction with Raids)

Them actually creating Guild Halls and decorations makes me think that their metrics do say that players interact with Guild and decoration content more than with raids.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Them actually creating Guild Halls and decorations makes me think that their metrics do say that players interact with Guild and decoration content more than with raids.

I can't see it, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as I don't know the metrics. It's just extremely disappointing that, looking at every other game out there, no other game offers such a barebones and lackluster system. It's literally a map and some decorations. I'm too lazy to look up examples but look at New World or even Guild Wars 1. Your Guilds actually mattered and have gameplay relevance.

17 minutes ago, Blackbird.9074 said:

I can't see it, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as I don't know the metrics. It's just extremely disappointing that, looking at every other game out there, no other game offers such a barebones and lackluster system. It's literally a map and some decorations. I'm too lazy to look up examples but look at New World or even Guild Wars 1. Your Guilds actually mattered and have gameplay relevance.

Aside from GvG + Alliance Battles, a hub like in GW2 (just with no placeable decorations) and "controlling" some cities in factions, guilds barely mattered in GW1.
As for New World, I don't think you currently want to compare their systems to the mostly working ones in GW2.

Also, you don't have to go looking far for "every other game out there" to look for worse Guild systems. Just look at WoW. FFXIV's FCs don't offer a lot aside from some buffs afaik.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blackbird.9074 said:

Just look at Raids. Anet has come out and said that there is basically no player interaction with the content, so they've stopped focusing on it. It's the same with this. IF they actually put effort into making Guild Missions or things for Guilds to do then I'd support new Guild Halls and such, but they don't. It's a waste. 

Anet also doesn't support the RP community and... really... how much of the playerbase actually decorates their Guild Halls? Guilds literally are a place for harvesting Synths. A lot of the community has several guilds with different tiers of synths just to harvest them. Thats the extent of the community interaction with Guild Halls.

I am one of those players who first looks into the patchnotes searching for new guild decorations. Honestly. 

• Like 2