Should Mechanist signets have added mech control?

Stalima.5490

So, heres the idea, instead of just pressing the signets without a target or anything, the signets will instead have direct targets or target circles for example: on the force signet, the mech could simply leap to the target location and slam enemies in the area while the superconducing signet could improve the mechs movement speed substantially, and the barrier signet perhaps teleporting the mech to the designated location.

Simple things but of course heavy improvements from some of these signets basically just being pet gyros

• Like 2

Personally I'm fine with how signet works. Some signet needs a buff (the elite signet really needs a buff if the dev want it to be used as a DPS rather than a golem resummoning), some signet feels mandatory (healing and teleport signet) and the rest works I suppose, though I kind of wonder if the power signet isnt a bit meh. A CC that pushes back your opponent triggered on both your mech and your engineer can be okay for PvP/WvW but in PVE it's whatever.

Overall it is simple but it gets the job done.

7 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Personally I'm fine with how signet works. Some signet needs a buff (the elite signet really needs a buff if the dev want it to be used as a DPS rather than a golem resummoning), some signet feels mandatory (healing and teleport signet) and the rest works I suppose, though I kind of wonder if the power signet isnt a bit meh. A CC that pushes back your opponent triggered on both your mech and your engineer can be okay for PvP/WvW but in PVE it's whatever.

I enjoy the signets how they are pretty much.  A 5 Signet or 4 Signet build is fairly realistic without the toolbelt skills that accompany the normal utilities.

Just going to echo on the above post though, the elite definitely needs a damage buff if we're to use it for that.  It should at the very least be closer to the damage and function of Prime Light Beam otherwise its pretty much a golem resummon button.  Not the biggest fan of force Signet either, just feels very underwhelming compared to some of the others.

Thing is basically Sky Circus is a mandatory choice almost, if we're essentially forced (or ever so gently pushed) to use multiple signets J Drive is basically required for the build to really shine which limits build diversity somewhat at least when solo.

9 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Condi signet also still not good tbh, kits r just better.