Simple tweak to Vindicator to make it really shine

Anonynja.3172

Make Energy Meld generate combo fields based on the legend you're channeling. 

Make the new dodge a blast finisher. 

Example:

Saint Viktor: water field -> area heal

Archemorus: ice field -> area frost aura (chills enemies that hit you)

Centaur: light field -> area condi cleanse

Demon: ethereal field -> area chaos aura (random boons on you, random condi on enemies)

Dwarf: fire field -> area might

Assassin: smoke field -> area stealth

This tweak could add some support functionality and synergize with Catalyst, maybe inspire some new team comps. Right now if you gear the Vindicator for support, it is mostly pure healing, with lackluster boons and offensive buffs for your team compared to other specs. 

Bonus tweaks:

Make Urn of Saint Viktor summon Saint Viktor to give area barrier when dropped.

Make Spear of Archemorus cost -5 energy upkeep like the Urn. Charge the Spear with strikes on enemies to buff its damage and shrink its impact radius. Releasing the Spear summons Archemorus to hurl it at your target.

Make greatsword 3 a leap finisher.

Make greatsword 5 give Chilled or Daze.

Give new greatsword animations.

Consolidate the major master (tier 2) traits so only one of them deals with endurance, giving area Vigor on dodge. The other two can buff healing or damage for you and your allies. 

• Like 3

Thats actually a pretty neat idea. Although combo fields aren't utilized all that much nowadays, it'd be a neat addition to the spec. That said, I don't think giving rev in general stealth is a good idea, especially for pvp. Core rev already has some good burst on sword 4-5 and doing that from stealth...i dont think that would be fun to play against. Spear of Archemorus should honestly have a 3-4s Knockdown on it though.

Edited by Ertrak.9506

On 12/8/2021 at 9:18 AM, Raiken.1476 said:

I would imagine the combo fields would fit better thematically if they were:

Viktor - Ice - chill

Arche - Fire - might

Shiro - Dark - life steal

Ventari - Light - cleanse

Jalis - Lightning - control

Mallyx - Ethereal - confusion

Better. Much better. Mallyx has a lot that could be suitable for it. Ice, Chaos and Dark.

Arguably best to give Shiro Dark for LS while I'd say go for Ice for Mallyx since Torment would pulse with it, even though Confusion sounds great I already came to accept they don't want Mallyx to have any, only Hammer would truly benefit from projectile finishers and we know vast majority dislikes it and there's no other option.

If we give Ice to Mallyx, Viktor should inherit Water.

• Like 1

I would prefer dark on viktor to get extra life steal bolts with gs5, light would just give healing bolts, which I guess is fine if you are a healer, maybe dark if over 50%hp and light if under 50%hp would be a fair compromise...

Although Ice would be extremely powerful too. Even for power dps that amount of chill output would be excellent crowd control.

Edited by Jthug.9506
  • Like 1