Question about return LWS?

Artemis.8034

As a new account that dont have the living worlds 2 3 or 4 except the icebrood one that came with the game I purchased, can i get the legendary people are talking about? The one they said is from doing all the return events? Or is that something you had to be there for to get the return events? 

11 minutes ago, Artemis.8034 said:

As a new account that dont have the living worlds 2 3 or 4 except the icebrood one that came with the game I purchased, can i get the legendary people are talking about? The one they said is from doing all the return events? Or is that something you had to be there for to get the return events? 

No you have to buy all season 2-4 and what ever your missing in icebrood saga.

If you read the fine print its only the current episode you unlock not the whole season.

Can buy them with gold or cash, but once you done that you can get the amulet yes the achivements at permanent.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

No you have to buy all season 2-4 and what ever your missing in icebrood saga.

If you read the fine print its only the current episode you unlock not the whole season.

Can buy them with gold or cash, but once you done that you can get the amulet yes the achivements at permanent.

Okay i understand that, but some people that played a long time said these were special return events that you had to do, not the regular stories you buy. they said they had already done them years ago and these were new that came out, not the old ones you buy in the gem shop. Thats where im confused , if I buy the old ones does that give me the return events? 

Since you joined the forum in 2019, are you asking this for yourself?

Anyway, as said, the Living World episodes cost gems, unless you log in during the time when they are on offer for free. In preparation for the new expansion, End of Dragons, during the course of this past year, they went through all the episodes of seasons 2, 3, 4 and The Icebrood Saga and added the corresponding "Return to..." achievements as well. If you logged in during the week that a particular episode was the focus, you unlocked it automatically for free. If you missed some or even most of it, you have the option to wait until they might become free again or buy them with gems at any time.

The good thing is that the achievements that ultimately give you the Legendary Amulet are permanent, so whenever you acquire the episodes you will be able to complete them, as well.

When ANet offers the episodes up again, if ever, is unknown. They have done that several times in the past, including the original release of each episode, so it's reasonable to think they will do it again. You might just have to wait for it a long time.

If you decide to purchase them, they go for 200 gems per episode, which seems manageable even if you convert in-game gold. But, if you want to buy a complete season, it's more sensible to search the gem store for these:

Living World Season 2 Complete Pack - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Living World Season 3 Complete Pack - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Living World Season 4 Complete Pack - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

The Icebrood Saga Complete Pack - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

These are cheaper per episode and if you already own one or more from a season, it's automatically deducted from the final price.