Alliance Chats.

INOY.6945

3 hours ago, Ziriel.9832 said:

It's not "chat with 5 guilds at once". If I have "GuildA" and "GuildB" - I can chat with any of them, but members of "GuildB" would never see any messages from "GuildA". So, if I want to gather people for some activity, I have to duplicate my messages for both guilds. If a member from "GuildA" suggests some activity (f.e. DRM/Dungeons/WvW/Raids/etc.) somebody has to forward that message to "GuildB". It's not what I think about when I heard "chat at once".

There's a guild member limit of 500 for a reason. You're not meant to have superguilds, or it'd be 1k+. Have you ever considered you take members away from smaller guilds?

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

There's a guild member limit of 500 for a reason. You're not meant to have superguilds, or it'd be 1k+. Have you ever considered you take members away from smaller guilds?

We have more than 500 members anyways. 

I guess the main goal for any MMO developer is to make people as active in their game as possible. It makes that game alive. In our guild we have a lot of people, talking the same language which is non-supported in the game. It makes us possible to gather people for much more in-game activities as if we were the guild with a small roaster. We ask to give an opportunity to involve even more people just by more convenient communication.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, noviiparen.8163 said:

Why can the alliance only be in WvW mode? Why can't it be a PvE alliance? Have you not thought about it? Without the need for the player to join up to 5 guilds at a time. If you can see the chat of all the alliance guilds.

Sure that would be great.  

Have you looked at any of the threads about the problems in the current WvW beta on alliances?  

Just peek there for a bit..  

It’s not that PvE couldn’t have its own.  I don’t think anyone who has mentioned the WvW part would care if PvE got it’s ‘own’.  

I did state why guild caps likely won’t go up past 500 in the near future.  And I just am not certain that the coding to create this would be a simple feat, given the challenges alliances is having on the wvw side.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...

Great idea, it would help a lot, it would be a pain to communicate as an alliance without it.
They had that in GW1 i'm sure that they can do that here too.

Edited by Nono.7963
shorter, deleted off topic parts
  • Confused 1